Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

I've finally decided to get a coach so hopefully I will stop sucking
Old 09-27-2007, 10:31 PM

magic 8 ball says try again
Old 09-27-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This dude has made $250,000 in 400k hands, playing 20/11/1.5 at 6.1ptbb/100, with almost no variance. Mainly at 2/4. Scroll down the thread for stats.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

So, so, so, so, so sick.

Seeing this, I wonder about all the heartache involved in trying to play the mean, aggro, tough game we have all been taught here.

It seems to me this guy's game looks like this:

> His 3b'ing range isn't much wider range than, say, {AT+,JJ+}
> He close on never 3b's light
> He steals blinds a modest amount (23%)
> He hammers his sets and premiums (and somehow gets paid off)
> He limp-traps with quite a lot of SCs/S1-gappers/ramdom trash
> He plays draws passively
> Almost every time he bets, it is purely for value/protection and no other reason
> He probably folds almost every time he gets played back at/meets resistence
> He hardly ever bluffs
> He hardly ever double barrels UI
> He hardly ever pushes/raises looking for FE
> If undecided between betting/folding and calling/checking, he calls/checks.
> If undecided on river between v-betting/v-raising and checking/calling, he checks/calls.
> He rarely has his money in the middle without the near-nuts.

Does that sound about right?

And of course playing a TAGFISH 20/11/1.5 sounds like it would be so much less stressful than the supposedly optimal 21/17/3 or whatever it is.

Food for thought? It certainly is for me. That kind of game sounds so so so appealing at the moment. Villain check-raises my cb? I fold! TAG raises from CO for 4th orbit in a row and I have AQo in SB? I fold! I have AA? I raise! I have a set? I bet! Etc. Sounds so, so sweat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I play a similar sort of style to that guy.
Someone said its a LAGish style without too much of the AG, which is about right I think.
If he's he's on a very passive site like iPoker I really believe it may be the optimal style. Or at least optimal when it comes to 'winning safe' and lessening variance.
Having said that, I thought my graph was smooth. His is like a javelin!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thac one day me and you will pwn, one day.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thac one day me and you will pwn, one day.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you man!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just deposited $200 on Party to try it out. I may just move my whole roll here lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad the Party software tilts me to death..... How can software programmers be so [censored] brainless?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, I go away one week, just one week and when I come back, my preferred site, UB, where everything is rigged for me has badbeat tables all over the place and cant even find regular game anymore....wtf wtf wtf, I dont want to play that damned FTP and even worse [censored] like stars without rake....

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Im tilting and I did not even logged one hand of poker, the only non BBJ tables are so tight, all the donks are on the BBJ tables, man that 0.5$ per pot is killing me. That huge for raise/c-bet type of play at 100NL.

Ok where should I go next. Im done with UB. Any1 know a software with RB and 100+ hands/table/hour. Damn I liked the fast action so much. Ill miss those tables.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf, I go away one week, just one week and when I come back, my preferred site, UB, where everything is rigged for me has badbeat tables all over the place and cant even find regular game anymore....wtf wtf wtf, I dont want to play that damned FTP and even worse [censored] like stars without rake....

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Im tilting and I did not even logged one hand of poker, the only non BBJ tables are so tight, all the donks are on the BBJ tables, man that 0.5$ per pot is killing me. That huge for raise/c-bet type of play at 100NL.

Ok where should I go next. Im done with UB. Any1 know a software with RB and 100+ hands/table/hour. Damn I liked the fast action so much. Ill miss those tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

What stakes do you play, and how many hands/month. TBH if you play enough to easily be platinum star on PokerStars then it would probably be worth it so long as you devote the entirety of your FPPs to buying bonuses and playing the satellites to the Sunday Million. If you wouldn't accrue VPPs fast enough then it would probably be a bad idea.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What stakes do you play, and how many hands/month. TBH if you play enough to easily be platinum star on PokerStars then it would probably be worth it so long as you devote the entirety of your FPPs to buying bonuses and playing the satellites to the Sunday Million. If you wouldn't accrue VPPs fast enough then it would probably be a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 100NL and around 25K/month with a 4tabling ratio. Bought a new screen and I will prolly 8-9 table star/ftp which could give me around 35k-40k hands/month since you play shorter sessions with more tables...

I think Im leaning on Stars and become supernova in 2008.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 100NL and around 25K/month with a 4tabling ratio. Bought a new screen and I will prolly 8-9 table star/ftp.

I think Im leaning on Stars and become supernova in 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that Stars might be your best bet in this case. Four tabling 100NL you should easily make platinum which offers the $650 bonus for 50,000 FPPs, and that's if you can't win more playing the 5400 FPP satellites to the Sunday Million. These tournaments are easy money. The top four get one entry which you can unregister for and get $215 T$. Everyone plays really tight early on because they are just trying to outlast their opponents and this makes it really easy to pick up some small and medium pots to gain a little advantage in stack size. Then when the blinds get big or you get down to about six players, people start to go overboard playing push/fold preflop. If you've done a decent job getting some cushion in your stack earlier you pretty much just have to sit back and wait for them to knock each other out. I figure that if you can get enough FPPs for ten of these a month, winning 40% on average wouldn't be to hard. That's basically $860 in rakeback right there.
Closed Thread