Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

[ QUOTE ]
Don't move up until you are crushing a limit for a very large sample size.

Fk what bankroll requirements say.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 09-14-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what uold be defined as a "very large" sample size? 50k-100k??
Old 09-14-2007, 10:20 PM

anyone know how to start a new databse?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 PM

the icon to the left of the save button
Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, 50 is the real first "step"

if you're not looking for an income, you should be using a fairly aggressive BR management if you want to reach the "big games" before online poker fades (if it does)
Old 09-14-2007, 10:35 PM

dont say stuff about it fading, it concerns me
Old 09-14-2007, 10:48 PM

Only thing that will change in online poker is the difficulty of the games but if you change with them you should always be able to beat them. Might not be as much as before or might be more just depends on your ability to adapt and grow as a player. NL2-NL10 is much different now then say 15 months ago when I played it. Example in May 2006 before I had to quit every table was full of 45/5/1 types. Never a tag never a tight player never an aggressive player. Now there is an assortment of all types playing NL10 and even as far down as NL2. The games though are still beatable. Same for other levels. Not as many loose passive type players but more tight an aggressive players who can still be figured out an exploited if you work at it. If you know what you are doing it wont be much trouble for you to move up and win if you work your ass off.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ama, I agree 100% with locking that absolutely ridiculous thread. But, man, I do have issues with this comment you made:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then AZplaya posts results, and a bunch of people who have no authority or experience to do so start saying that its an "easy fold" and if you don't fold then "good luck in your poker career". Which is just mind-numbingly ridiculous, un-neccessary and stupid, given that almost eveyone saying "fold" would be unable to do so in the 10 or so seconds allocated to them at the table.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh?

a. I cannot believe that you think any decent player would call there. I also cannot believe you think it was close. We simply cannot assign villain ANY RANGE we beat. A set? A Kd? TcJc? WTF?? And the poster who said 99% of us would call was also wrong IMO. I'd say the figure would be 50% at most, and that would mainly be less experienced/lower stakes players, as Traz mentioned near the end of the thread.

b. Surely you can't think that anyone who posted after the results were posted was only doing so because they knew the results? Come on man - loads of respected posters posted after the results and know better than to be so results-orientated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just have to address this post and then I will let that hand die a happy death:

I decided to post this hand because after I called, I thought that the river action and type of villian might make this a fold. After some decent hand analysis and pot odds evaluation, I think the general consensus was that this was a fold. Then I posted the results and the discussion turned from strategy to an e-pissing contest about who would be able to fold and who wouldn't.

Bottom line is this - it's easy to play armchair quaterback and say "OMG I would fold this he obviously has the sf." Seriously though, with your timeback running down, holding an ace high flush in this spot, finding a fold is much easier said than done. Saying "any decent player would fold this" is a bit over the top but whatever. Saying that over 50% of uNL posters would be able to fold in this spot is just plain laughable.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:25 PM

I missed the thread, but I insta-shove/call whatever and a bit of fist pump action too.

Bad advise to all uNLer that think they can fold nut flush when there an SF on board. LOL
Old 09-14-2007, 11:26 PM

I agree, 50nl is the first step while you're forced to do a lot more thinking. Being a huge nit at 25nl and lower will net you a decent profit, but at 50nl players will have stats on you more frequently, and you will not win very much money by playing completely nitty like at 25nl.

work your ass off? i think your exxagerating by one cheek. my Uncle says " don't work hard, work smart". Thats's so true for me. Just develop a routine and a positive working enviornment around you and it becomes easy. you make it sound like tough painful work working on your game. It can be quite pleasurable if you have the right mindset.
Closed Thread