Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Beat: Absolute Poker cruises on as if nothing had happened

Was "Brag: 2+2 community heroically exposes massive online poker site cheating conspiracy and coverup!"
Old 11-19-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Beat: Absolute Poker cruises on as if nothing had happened

What did you expect to happen?

<font color="white"> Lori </font>
Old 11-19-2007, 11:42 PM

tbh
Old 11-19-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question!

Honestly, I thought that this was such an incredible scandal - the absolute worst case conceivable - that it would inevitably attract huge publicity, be picked up by the entire online community and major news media, and that the site would inevitably go down in flames. Really, think about it: top-level insiders, founders and owners cheating, looking at hole cards for millions, a protracted coverup, amateur sleuthing brings it all to light - this should be the meltdown scenario!

Color me naive, but that's what I honestly thought.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question!

Honestly, I thought that this was such an incredible scandal - the absolute worst case conceivable - that it would inevitably attract huge publicity, be picked up by the entire online community and major news media, and that the site would inevitably go down in flames. Really, think about it: top-level insiders, founders and owners cheating, looking at hole cards for millions, a protracted coverup, amateur sleuthing brings it all to light - this should be the meltdown scenario!

[/ QUOTE ]

All we can do is make sure that people know what they're up against. Over time it will impact their business, but the chances are that they'll get away with it.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question!

[/ QUOTE ]

All we can do is make sure that people know what they're up against. Over time it will impact their business, but the chances are that they'll get away with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, the snowball may still be rolling downhill, growing ever larger. I'm not going to give up on my naive vision just yet.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, the snowball may still be rolling downhill, growing ever larger. I'm not going to give up on my naive vision just yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be nice if you were right, I'm all for trying.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:23 AM

While it sucks that Absolute didn't get their comeuppance, this is overall a brag imo. The pool of clueless fish available for online poker has to be pretty bombproof if even the [censored] company executives cheating the site's player base out of a million plus dollars doesn't faze them.