Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 12:10 PM

Default 100nl... QQ hu, oop, and deep... SIGH

Never made a post here so i guess we will c how this goes...

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: $159.73
Hero: $199.50

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $16</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($32, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $23</font>, SB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($78, 2 players)
Hero ???? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Reads... the table just broke and so no real meta game goin. first time i had 3 bet him since the 10 hands of HU had started. he hadnt dont n e thing good or bad since he had been at the table. i have a laggy image from the 6 handed as well as heads up. im pretty sure i have raised every btn while heads up and then cbet every flop. but nothing specific. he had been playin like 40 14 2 while 6 handed was goin and looked like a normal goof ball but nothing to make him overly awfull or n e thing.

so wut do u do here and why. flop seems stnd to me and the turn is rough imo.

discuss...
Old 11-10-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: 100nl... QQ hu, oop, and deep... SIGH

I c/c here most of the time, but I suck. Don't listen to me. I'm 90% sure bet/fold is correct here, but don't bet like a girl so that you induce an all-in. If he has you bet he will 100% move in here and you can safetly fold

Would be cool with some good players respond to this one, I for one hate these spots. Creedo where are you??
Old 11-10-2007, 01:32 PM

When I think about it, vs an aggro crai is pretty nice. I mean he never has a K since there are 2 of the out there and a set raises the flop. Wow Im rock solid with this hand reading stuff =)

Edit: Im also drunk at work
Old 11-10-2007, 01:39 PM

check call turn and see how the river goes.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check call turn and see how the river goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I play it also, but I only like ut vs unpreditable players. Bet/fold is great vs a guy who will always push when U are beat
Old 11-10-2007, 02:16 PM

You can make arguments for checking or betting. We had a similar hand to this a while ago and the votes were pretty much divided .

I like checking because the k is a perfect scare card for you and you'll induce some bluffs if your opponent has second pair or even bottom pair . Betting out will probably induce bottom pair to fold and most ace-high hands .
Old 11-10-2007, 03:05 PM

I also like checking over betting. You're both reasonably deep, so you'd be faced with a tough decision if you bet on the turn and he pushes over the top.

If he also checks behind on the turn, you can bet/fold on the river for value out of hands like A9 or TT-JJ.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can make arguments for checking or betting. We had a similar hand to this a while ago and the votes were pretty much divided .

I like checking because the k is a perfect scare card for you and you'll induce some bluffs if your opponent has second pair or even bottom pair . Betting out will probably induce bottom pair to fold and most ace-high hands .

[/ QUOTE ]r we check calling or crai?? cuz i thought the same thing as far as checking the turn was probably best but i had no idea wut to do after that which led me to think maybe checking wasnt even best.

so heres the next action... wut do u think is best from here...???

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: $159.73
Hero: $199.50

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $16</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($32, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $23</font>, SB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($78, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $40</font>, Hero ????
Old 11-10-2007, 08:09 PM

I think a check/call is best on the turn, especially given his bet sizing on the turn. As someone mentioned earlier, this is the perfect turn card to float, which may have been his plan all along given your aggressive image.

If he fires again on the river, you seriously have to consider folding because you've pretty much narrowed your range down to where it is very unlikely you have the K but are still willing to call down till the end. This puts you at hands like TT-JJ, QQ, AA, AsQs, AcQc, maybe even a hand like A9. You should lean toward folding on the river because if he fires out again knowing that you will probably call, his range is pretty much entirely ahead of you.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:23 PM

check/call turn, check/fold river if spade comes, otherwise check and consider whether to call, a.k.a. "play poker"