Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Mountaineer Trip Report- WV

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Right now, the smoke is the most intense along the rail, of course. But realistically, playing a session anywhere in that Poker Room means that you'll be immersed in smoke. When I visit, I dress in really old clothes, and I dump them in the basement as soon I get home so that my house doesn't smell. And a quick shower is mandatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wheeling Island's Poker room is in the middle of their non-smoking slot machine section. Not much chance of any filtering into the room. Smaller room with 20 instead of Mountaineer's 37 tables, but you might like it better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I've been posting in the Wheeling thread also. It's a much nicer environment - at least, for me.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:00 PM

wiper - Playing live just takes a getting used too. Do not gamble money you cannot lose and don't play scared. And you will win money in the long run.

Flopping a set in these live Mountaineer multiway pots can at times be like printing money, but don't get upset when some donk calls 2 pot sized bets and hits his gutshot on the river. It happens.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:05 AM

Haven't been to Mountaineer in years, but without stepping in the poker room I have to thank you guys for the extra $320 I've received in purse money from my horses running there.

Keep up the good work, have fun, and I looking at making it out there next summer.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:31 PM

Mountianeer after November 30 all smoking is going to be outside only!!!no more rail bird smokers too many complaints.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't been to Mountaineer in years, but without stepping in the poker room I have to thank you guys for the extra $320 I've received in purse money from my horses running there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, was that one of your horses that stacked me last Thursday?!!? Light brown with blinders, #7?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mountianeer after November 30 all smoking is going to be outside only!!!no more rail bird smokers too many complaints.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that would be OUTSTANDING [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Are you sure, or am I being one-post leveled?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wiper - Playing live just takes a getting used too. Do not gamble money you cannot lose and don't play scared. And you will win money in the long run.

Flopping a set in these live Mountaineer multiway pots can at times be like printing money, but don't get upset when some donk calls 2 pot sized bets and hits his gutshot on the river. It happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

right on, man...i have my live bankroll...totally seperate from online, totally seperate from christmas and every day life...i'm on it. if i had to handicap the money i have right now in my lockbox for mountaineer running out, the no is at -220...

my brother, my best friend and i are going friday, probably from 5pm to ???

as for smoking, friday sounds like the last day...at least i get 1 more night of shuffling over to the ashtray...my only question is 'where is the closes exit to outside?' hopefully the grandstand?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:35 PM

I am sure..I deal there.. The nearest exit is out the glass doors next to the bar.. I am sure this will take care of the smoke problem some people have with the room...
Old 11-28-2007, 10:48 PM

You mean even over in the sports book where they guys watch the races at the tables with the tvs, they can’t smoke? That’s bs.

As far as the smoking – the only problem is near the ashtrays at the lobby near the front desk/bar area. People have to walk through the smoke.

I’m gonna have to ask George if this is cut in stone. There is no reason not to allow smoking near the sports book. The smoke doesn’t get near the tables.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure..I deal there.. The nearest exit is out the glass doors next to the bar.. I am sure this will take care of the smoke problem some people have with the room...

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent news man, and thanks for the update! This will definitely bring me to Mountaineer more often.