Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 05:49 PM

Default TPGK - value betting myself to death

Villain is 51/6/3.11 - no reads

Is this a standard fold? Would it have been better to check the turn for some pot control. Or should I have c/c a reasonable sized bet on the river?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $50
MP: $50.75
CO: $57
BTN: $148.75
SB: $42.05
BB: $77.70

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, BTN calls $3

Turn: ($10.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, BTN calls $7

River: ($24.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $137 and is All-In</font>, Hero..........
Old 11-26-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: TPGK - value betting myself to death

i would check river and call. what's going to call if you bet that you beat? A9/A2/A3/A5/A6/A7 probably are not calling on that scary board. If you check, he can bluff a missed draw.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:59 PM

I prefer block/fold over check/call on a somewhat scary river like this. Well played, now fold imo.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:03 PM

You gotta check the turn of the flop choose one... pot control. That provides more info +less risk +though it seems like your extracting less, most of the time your just losing less and preventing a difficult situation. This pot is way too big for a pair of aces with middle kicker...
Old 11-26-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You gotta check the turn of the flop choose one... pot control. That provides more info +less risk +though it seems like your extracting less, most of the time your just losing less and preventing a difficult situation. This pot is way too big for a pair of aces with middle kicker...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand checking the flop. I'd go with betting the pot on the flop and then checking the turn. I'm not sure what happens after that though.

How many hands do you have on the villian for those stats?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:21 PM

Pot control OOP isn't so easy because any made hand, draw or float will bet anyway.

Villain's line is strange, esp with AF=3.1. Would think they raise most draws, and raise good hands for value. If VPIP of 50 is calling with worse Ax PF and made 2 pair I would expect a turn raise, same for a set. Maybe they play A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] this way, because other backdoor spades don't make a lot of sense.

I don't mind c/c, but I wonder if he plays draws passive enough to wind up with missed hearts here? But I also don't think you get 3 streets of value out of your hand, so I don't know what he calls a bet with that you beat.