Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 11-26-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: I [censored] up

Jesus Christ dude that is really, really sad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 01:10 PM

I'm so sorry Boro. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] None of us is perfect. You did try. It's not like you didn't look for him. If he wasn't responding I think it's likely he was sick when he went under there in the first place.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:16 PM

Damn, That just plain sucks. Really sorry to hear about this.

Accidents do happen and this was obviously an accident. I know it is hard but you have to forgive yourself. The idea of getting a cat at the pound is a good one.

Cats are great but they do some silly things like this that try as you might they still end up in trouble. I have had cats crawl up in engine compartments and get messed up when I start the car. Horrible but what is a person to do, check the engine compartment every time you start the vehicle? I have had cats get hurt really bad by a coyote or dog and have had to put them down myself and it sucks. One of the hardest things i ever did was have to shoot one of our outside cats that had gotten really torn up badly. My so was really attached to that cat and he was really sad and it was just awful.

Sometimes I wish we didn't get so attached to pets but we can't help it. They are part of the family and when they die it hurts.

Again, Really sorry to hear about this.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:17 PM

Sorry about your cat. Honestly when you said he was 13 I thought maybe he knew he was dying and went and hid from the humans so he could die in peace and you had nothing to do with it.

This won't make you feel better but your guilt over this incident reminded me of something my mom did one time... She was coming home from work and hits the garage door remote but it only goes up halfway then comes back down. So she does it again and again and every time the door would go up halfway then come back down. Finally it goes up and stays up. She pulls into the garage, gets out, and is walking to the door when our beloved cat (Tigger #2) falls dead and mangled from the rails and lands at her feet.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have had cats crawl up in engine compartments and get messed up when I start the car. Horrible but what is a person to do, check the engine compartment every time you start the vehicle?

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of the time my sister drove down our street with Harold our cat stuck up in the engine of the car. He fell out as my sister went down the road. She noticed him in the rear view mirror and took him to the vet, injured but alive.

Accidents happen Borodog. I'm really sorry for your loss [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Please don't beat yourself up too much. I feel so bad for you.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:34 PM

Cats are so strange. They hide and disappear under the couch and you can't find them for days. You expect them to return, and this time, he didn't. Very hard to weigh blame here.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:49 PM

Boro-

One time when driving cross country with my cat, Smokestack Lightening, we camped in Zion park in Utah and the cat vanished. We scoured the campground and failed to find him. Eventually, as we were going to give up, we heard a faint sneeze emanating from the front end of our trusty volvo 244 DL. Opening the hood, smokey had crawled right into the engine fan compartment. He was very close to getting the food processor treatment.

I offer this because cats are strange creatures, with unpredictable behavior.

Your cat, and yourself, were victims of a truly freakish scenario. It too shall pass.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:00 PM

I think the adopting of another cat is an excellent idea. I've got two cats and am on the hunt for a kitten and I will probably pick it up from a shelter.

Don't beat yourself up!
Old 11-26-2007, 04:02 PM

Don't let The Dude see this thread.

I shed a symbolic tear for you.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:13 PM

UGH, That really sucks. I am very sorry to hear about your loss. IMO, there is no way you should place blame on yourself; animals in distress often find a quiet, isolated spot to pass.

Also, for the record, I have cried twice in the past thirteen years. In 1994 when my father died and two months ago when I had to bury my 18-year old Siamese. It's [censored] horrible to lose a loved one.