Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-24-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Just Got Patrik Antonius Answer To The Question I Asked Kenny Tran

the internet players aren't considered top twenty in the world at LIVE FULL RING NLHE b/c they DONT PLAY THAT GAME.

Tiger Woods isnt considered to be in the top 20 miniature golfers in the world, but im pretty sure he could figure it out.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:34 PM

Dumb question, but why would you need to be invited to play in the Venetian game? If there's an open seat, can't anyone sit down and play? Would Gabe really stage a walkout if you tried to sit down "uninvited"?
Old 11-24-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dumb question, but why would you need to be invited to play in the Venetian game? If there's an open seat, can't anyone sit down and play? Would Gabe really stage a walkout if you tried to sit down "uninvited"?

[/ QUOTE ]

you would lose a lot of respect and piss off a lot of people. if you plan on being around the live poker scene for any length of time, its best to not piss everyone off. its like when 2 ppl are playing HU on stars or whatever, and both request HU, then the other guy posts and plays anyway.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:00 PM

i also think it's more that the game is setup in advance, and the table is full. you can get on the list at that point because it is a public room, but the game might be full for 8 hours and then everyone decides to call it a night.

honestly, i dont think it is so much that the people who get the game going want to keep internet players out, i think it's just that their friends and contacts are mostly not the people who frequent 2p2. i'm sure it's a little of both, though.

tc
Old 11-24-2007, 09:06 PM

Sounds to me like Patrick Antonious wants a bunch of internet players to play against him with the feeling that they have "something to prove".
Old 11-24-2007, 09:16 PM

When the online guys go to vegas, why don't you guys just start tables? Surely if online players are such "live ones", and are surely not in the top 20 nlhe players in the world, the table should be full pretty quickly? [censored] getting invited to their game, just create your own games, and post it, or tell David S?

I think this would definitely figure out how respected online players are? Just a thought, I duno
Old 11-24-2007, 09:24 PM

After most of the internet players did not like KT's answer, they all shouted for PA to answer it, assuming he will at least name a few internet pros. Now that he answered "Zero", suddenly he's not the best one to answer, the question is not relevant, the post is unnecessary etc.
Should DS go on and ask each and every player until someone mentioned a few internet pros?

I think not, as we all got our answer - at least as two top pros see it.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After most of the internet players did not like KT's answer, they all shouted for PA to answer it, assuming he will at least name a few internet pros. Now that he answered "Zero", suddenly he's not the best one to answer, the question is not relevant, the post is unnecessary etc.
Should DS go on and ask each and every player until someone mentioned a few internet pros?

I think not, as we all got our answer - at least as two top pros see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

IT IS OVER

The number of people posting in this thread that are suffering from denial is staggering.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When the online guys go to vegas, why don't you guys just start tables? Surely if online players are such "live ones", and are surely not in the top 20 nlhe players in the world, the table should be full pretty quickly? [censored] getting invited to their game, just create your own games, and post it, or tell David S?

[/ QUOTE ]
There is a reason there are no more high stakes holdem games on full tilt, these guys will not play each other. Would they play hands before someone joins them or wait for a rich guy to ante up? More players will take shots if they have a game already running.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Always struggling to come up with a versatile, if not favorable side dish, I asked my daughter which she prefers - Rice-A-Roni or buttered noodles.

Her answer was melted Velvetta over steamed broccoli

[/ QUOTE ]

My daughter likes macaroni & cheese with tuna. I like tacos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this might be a hi-jack since we have moved onto a main courses, but my daughter likes cheese and pickle sandwiches.