Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet Security

[ QUOTE ]
How can this be?

[/ QUOTE ]
In a capitalist community, companies may be owned by other companies.

I don't understand how else to answer your question, as this seems fairly basic to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Does the AP incident affect UltimateBet and if yes in what ways?

[/ QUOTE ]
That is unclear.

I do not know if UB and AP share the same processes, systems or software. N825024 expressed interest in visiting AP, and made arrangements with AP to do so, however some muppets seem to have dissuaded him.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet Security

[ QUOTE ]
I received the following email, and found that my ultimate bet username is no longer recongnised although I had just played a tournament that morning. I rang the number and was asked to give information on my security, like my password question and I was reluctant to do so. I was then transferred and asked the same questions about security but I wasn't willing to give over my details for a reason which was not explained to me. I've never had this with any other poker site, Does anyone know if this is fully legitimate? Thanks:

"Dear Sir,
Due to a routine security check, your account has been temporarily disabled because we need to verify the information used to create your account. We kindly ask if you can call us back at our toll free number 800-051-8957 (UK phone number), so we can certify your account over the phone.We will gladly reactivate your account as soon as we have certified it.
Thank you for understanding.
Joe"
Security DepartmentUltimate Bet

[/ QUOTE ]

What questions were they asking?

They should not ask for things like your password, processor account information, or anything that would allow them to access your account from outside their service area.

Things like address, birthdate, maybe the last 4 numbers of your SSN, screen name, and the answer to your secret question are ok.