Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 05:43 PM

Default QQ vs pf cap and UI broadway flop

CO here is 37/20/3 over 150 and will open raise w/almost ATC from CO/BTN pf, and if not in the lead will c/c ATW w/any pair any draw post flop. Also, once he has put in a pfr he WLL NOT fold preflop even to a cap no matter what he holds. SB is 52/17/2 over 100. SB fold to steal is 0 and has been 3betting light on his short stack.

I don't think I can ever find a fold on this flop vs these 2 even multiway, and CO won't donk here without the nuts. Is a river donk by me a good idea here?

Absolute Poker $1/$2 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#FF0000">SB caps!</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font> and is allin, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 10-22-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: QQ vs pf cap and UI broadway flop

tempting to raise the flop given SB's preflop action and stack size. we might get CO to fold a weak ace or clean up some set/split gutshot outs.

I'm curious what others think about that
Old 10-22-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tempting to raise the flop given SB's preflop action and stack size. we might get CO to fold a weak ace or clean up some set/split gutshot outs.

I'm curious what others think about that

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing, although a turn raise might work better.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
37/20 will open raise w/almost ATC from CO/BTN pf

[/ QUOTE ]
How is that possible?

If he plays as described there will be no way to make this guy fold a better hand. Still i like a raise on the flop (or turn) because against someone in there with any two and never folding anything there should be some value in raising.

Against reasonable opponents I think I would check this river. Against this guy I would bet (and dont know what to do against a raise). He may have a T or J.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if not in the lead will c/c ATW w/any pair any draw post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise the turn.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the turn raise as well. The SB is going to be betting his whole range here and the CO just calling signals a marginal hand he's trying to show down. Don't let him get to the river without the cold call.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:03 PM

I play it the same up until the river. Good luck getting CO to fold anything you beat. I think a raise is spew on the flop or turn. I am tempted to bet the river hoping to get some value out of his underpair/Jx/Tx hand.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same up until the river. Good luck getting CO to fold anything you beat. I think a raise is spew on the flop or turn. I am tempted to bet the river hoping to get some value out of his underpair/Jx/Tx hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

We aren't trying to get him to fold, we are raising for value against the CO. I think you have the CO beat here most of the time and it would be nice to build a side pot. He's going to call with any draw that peeled the flop and might just call with a pair of Js or Ts. He would have raised an A earlier in the hand when the SB was short stacked and you just called. When overaggressive players are just calling you can generally put them on marginal pairs or draws.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the turn raise as well. The SB is going to be betting his whole range here and the CO just calling signals a marginal hand he's trying to show down. Don't let him get to the river without the cold call.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you raise the turn you make the pot to big and want to go to sd, it would be terrible to r/f here as villian woudnt reraise here with a weaker hand as one guy is already allin and might have a ace, you cant make him fold