Old 10-07-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

you seem like a really fun guy.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
you seem like a really fun guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am [censored] awesome and anyone that has hung out with me in person will attest to that. I just hate UF and USC more than any team in sports except the new england patriots
Old 10-07-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
Post deleted by MEbenhoe

[/ QUOTE ]

ban ftw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2007, 10:41 PM

ok so im back

LSU was very very fun. I got to campus @ 10:00am. Walked around and got lost multiple times. The tailgating was very sick and the place was completely bombed very early. The majority of LSU fans are really bad @ heckling Gator fans though, which was a little weak. The only thing they said was "Tiger Bait!" over and over. We were sort of disappointed by the unoriginality and such. We met some really cool tailgators who had this sort of snowboard type thing with 4 holes (for shot glasses) in it. They were entertaining gator fans by giving us shots and serving us some gumbo (which was amazing). So props to them.

As for the game: [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] . We beat ourselves

-Moore's fumble was, imo, the play of the game. Instead of starting the 4th quarter up 10, with the ball in LSU territory, we fumble
-Tebow's interception. Once again some terrible playcalling and just awfulness by Meyer in the 4th quarter. I am really STILL super disappointed in Meyer and the way he has handled the team (specifically real-time decisions/playcalling, etc).
-3rd and 16. Behind the Moore fumble, this is the play of the game. Simply NO EXCUSE for Matt Flynn to be able to scramble 15 yards here. just rjnbherjbhwjklrtbh
-3rd/4th and shorts. Sigh.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:04 PM

AS,
glad to hear you had fun. I agree with your assessment. That KM fumble sucked hard (though not as bad as last year, he still needs to learn how to hang on to the ball). I was actually fairly impressed on how our secondary held up, it was the 4th down conversions/damn hester that killed us.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok so im back

LSU was very very fun. I got to campus @ 10:00am. Walked around and got lost multiple times. The tailgating was very sick and the place was completely bombed very early. The majority of LSU fans are really bad @ heckling Gator fans though, which was a little weak. The only thing they said was "Tiger Bait!" over and over. We were sort of disappointed by the unoriginality and such. We met some really cool tailgators who had this sort of snowboard type thing with 4 holes (for shot glasses) in it. They were entertaining gator fans by giving us shots and serving us some gumbo (which was amazing). So props to them.

As for the game: [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] . We beat ourselves

-Moore's fumble was, imo, the play of the game. Instead of starting the 4th quarter up 10, with the ball in LSU territory, we fumble
-Tebow's interception. Once again some terrible playcalling and just awfulness by Meyer in the 4th quarter. I am really STILL super disappointed in Meyer and the way he has handled the team (specifically real-time decisions/playcalling, etc).
-3rd and 16. Behind the Moore fumble, this is the play of the game. Simply NO EXCUSE for Matt Flynn to be able to scramble 15 yards here. just rjnbherjbhwjklrtbh
-3rd/4th and shorts. Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you had a good time. But please don't knock Tiger fans for shouting "Tiger Bait." I starting seeing people "chomping" on I-10 more then 100 miles from Baton Rouge. For the record I think saying Tiger Bait is retarded.

I've been to more LSU games that I can count and that was the best atmosphere for a game in Tiger Stadium I've ever seen.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been to more LSU games that I can count and that was the best atmosphere for a game in Tiger Stadium I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

When LSU wins, it's a great atmosphere. When they lose, it can be toxic. I was at the 2002 Alabama game (bama won 31-0) and after the game, I was in the player's parents parking area (my brother-in-law played for LSU at this time). A group of bama fans walked by, and a *player's father* started *cussing* at this co-ed wearing a bama jersey. I mean, dirty stuff. She finally turned around and said "you're just pissed because you lost, THIRTY ONE TO ZERO, BITCH!"

The man then threw a FULL, UNOPENED can of beer at her, hitting her right in the numbers and dropping her like a rock. Then he laughed. None of the LSU fans in the immediate area thought enough about it to help her out, or to say anything to the jackass (and plenty saw it happen, since they were both being pretty loud).

Good times.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:39 PM

bills- you have come down quite a bit on Georgia since our debate yesterday. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bills- you have come down quite a bit on Georgia since our debate yesterday. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this might come up - allow me to explain.

I wear a different hat in this forum than I do in SB. This forum is a past results-oriented, homer-oriented forum, intended for mostly pointless debates. You're SUPPOSED to be a donk in this forum.

In SB, I wear my past-results-do-not-indicate-future-performance, non-results-oriented, sharp-thinking, $$$-making hat.

Based solely on UGA's recent results, they have no business in Tier 3 in this forum, and belong somewhere in Tier 4. Hope that clarifies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]