Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 11:35 PM

Default KTo on the button

How should this be bet?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($14.55)
SB ($5.65)
BB ($10)
UTG ($12.45)
MP ($5.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.20) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.4</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $5.25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.40
Old 08-18-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: KTo on the button

I'm folding to the flop donk. At these stakes there is no reason to contest the pot.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:47 PM

I agree that folding to the flop bet is fine
Old 08-18-2007, 11:50 PM

meh...i dont mind your play. those weak donks fold alot when raised.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm folding to the flop donk. At these stakes there is no reason to contest the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The undersized flop bet is often a flush draw pricing itself in. The fact that he tries to price himself in means he understands pot odds, therefore, when we raise to offer him the wrong odds, he folds....

This works so often I see no reason not to try it, even against an unknown.

When it doesn't work, you give up. fine. nh. Keep an eye on him to see what he is doing this with and make a note.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:37 AM

Yeah, the flop donk has to be larger to get me to fold there. Calling is silly, so raising is probably the best play. When he re-raises, just fold and move on to the next hand.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:02 AM

The interesting question is what to do when you have a marginal hand, like MPBK in the same situation. Turn your hand into a bluff? because if he calls, he's making a somewhat bad call equity wise against TPGK+, but not really a bad call against MPBK (his overs are good).

In that situation, I'm often more inclined to call as a form of pot control, and raise another weak donk on the turn where if he calls with a draw it will definitely be incorrect.

The problem being that this is exploitable, only calling with weak holdings, and raising with air and monsters. Not a huge problem for now, but as our opponents get more sophisticated, something to think about. Probably the problem will disappear along with the weak donkbets. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2007, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If you don't know much about villain at all you're getting a little out of line here. Maybe if you're anchored by a middle pair or something you should make that raise. Nevertheless, you played it fine.