Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Knife VS Bat, who wins?

theres a group called the Dog Brothers that have probably resolved this question.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Depends. Some people would be very ineffective with a knife.

I would take the knife though personally. For one it's going to be very difficult for anyone here to get a headshot on me with a bat. It's not as easy as you think. I would take the knife and close quickly, just making sure to avoid a headshot.

You shouldn't stab though, you'll lose the knife. Once you close, wrap, and drag the knife across body parts. This is much more effective.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:31 PM

The problem with using a fake bat in a simulation is that its not going to have the impact of a real bat, even if it is weighted somewhat. Therefore, the person charging with a knife is not going to be slowed bown by a blow with a wiffle ball bat which is essentially what most of us are arguing about. Give someone an aluminum bat and you have a different situation.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For one it's going to be very difficult for anyone here to get a headshot on me with a bat. It's not as easy as you think. I would take the knife and close quickly, just making sure to avoid a headshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 07-10-2007, 05:14 PM

Unfortunately I won't just stand still and allow someone to get a clean shot on me with a bat. It would be nice if it were that easy though I suppose. It's actually much harder than you might think to get a good shot on someone who doesn't want to be hit.

On the other hand if I close on you at all with a knife it's over.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:19 PM

I can't wait for the next bat/knife debate thread!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:29 PM

How the fk did NEITHER of these threads have a poll in the original post? My opinion is the average joe is better off with a bat, but if you are skilled/trained at combat then you are better off with the knife. I'm sure that is mentioned somewhere but who even wants to read such a goddamned long thread when there isn't even a poll to settle the debate and prove all those knife-sayers wrong once and for all? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately I won't just stand still and allow someone to get a clean shot on me with a bat. It would be nice if it were that easy though I suppose. It's actually much harder than you might think to get a good shot on someone who doesn't want to be hit.

On the other hand if I close on you at all with a knife it's over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, forgot the lines to indicate you were charging in at lightning speed while I was swinging away at your stabbing arm. Are you somehow deflecting my blow with that arm and not dropping your knife even if I don't break your arm?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, forgot the lines to indicate you were charging in at lightning speed while I was swinging away at your stabbing arm. Are you somehow deflecting my blow with that arm and not dropping your knife even if I don't break your arm?

[/ QUOTE ]

- I'm not going to stab you. Anyone who's first thought is to stab shouldn't use the knife. You lose the blade. I would close,wrap, and drag the knife across your body before I ever stabbed you. It would be over pretty quick once I close.

- I don't believe that I would just charge in with lightning speed and avoid a blow completely.But I do know that I can withstand a blow in alot of places on my body from a bat and still function.

Whereas if I drag the knife across your throat it's over.

If the person with the knife knows what they're doing they would win this easily. If not, then it's interesting.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do know that I can withstand a blow in alot of places on my body from a bat and still function.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trip report or just BS'ing?