Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-26-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Zoo Chat - November - Random posts go here

i like tomatoes
Old 11-26-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On game down.. I happened to win a tourney. What will happen to the winnings? some of the players sat out, but most played it to the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played an ongame tourney 2 years ago - some stupid $2 rebuy tourney

so it gets down to like 33 players, and ongame goes down - it's down and down and down for nearly 3 hours. I keep looking back cause I wanted to win this [censored].

finally ongame resumes, and all of the tournaments are resuming from where they stopped. so I get my seat and notice that everyone is sitting out, presumably because they had given up trying to get back on.

I proceed to steal blinds as fast as I could (raise raise raise raise etc.) and knock out person after person. not one person ended up coming back.

I end up getting first for $1600 and change - so now I'm freaked out that I'm not getting this cashish. so I look at PokerRoom's T&Cs and vaguely they mention (not verbatim):

"in case of software or connection issue, all tournaments will be temporarily halted until the issue has been resolved. all tournaments that are subsequently cancelled will be paid out according to the following formula...etc."

meaning that, if the tourney is restarted, the payouts will remain the same, with no refunds or splitting of prize pool.

the $1600 hit NETeller the next day.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:17 PM

and, fwiw, I don't think that "xxxx site is down" threads should be relegated to the monkey thread
Old 11-26-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On game down.. I happened to win a tourney. What will happen to the winnings? some of the players sat out, but most played it to the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

so it gets down to like 33 players, and ongame goes down - it's down and down and down for nearly 3 hours. I keep looking back cause I wanted to win this [censored].

finally ongame resumes, and all of the tournaments are resuming from where they stopped. so I get my seat and notice that everyone is sitting out, presumably because they had given up trying to get back on.

I proceed to steal blinds as fast as I could (raise raise raise raise etc.) and knock out person after person. not one person ended up coming back.

I end up getting first for $1600 and change - so now I'm freaked out that I'm not getting this cashish. so I look at PokerRoom's T&Cs and vaguely they mention (not verbatim):

"in case of software or connection issue, all tournaments will be temporarily halted until the issue has been resolved. all tournaments that are subsequently cancelled will be paid out according to the following formula...etc."

meaning that, if the tourney is restarted, the payouts will remain the same, with no refunds or splitting of prize pool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, that sounds like the trailer to the 'I am legend' movie. After the final table starts you will realize that your opponents are really monsters! bwhahahaha!!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:28 PM

Usually such threads consist of:

"Is site down for everyone or just me?"

"Yes."

"Which?"

"Not for me."

"It's back up."

"kmthx"
Old 11-26-2007, 09:30 PM

do bunnies have nipples?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i love u grando. this cheers me.

i hope they pay me, let me tell ya it was one exciting final table. half of the players were out, half playing. i loved when i gained the chip lead in the end i could just bully people around.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:13 PM

Onion Bagel, yum!!!!!

Continue...
Old 11-27-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Usually such threads consist of:

"Is site down for everyone or just me?"

"Yes."

"Which?"

"Not for me."

"It's back up."

"kmthx"

[/ QUOTE ]
You forgot:

"I'm in the middle of MTT x, what happens now?"

Someone quotes T&Cs

"I'm in the middle of SNG x, what happens now?"

Someone quotes T&Cs

"I'm in the middle of a cash game, what happens now?"
Old 11-27-2007, 05:10 AM

So does anyone know of any site currently down and what they will do about it?

More serious and on another topic- Mike, without revealing anything you shouldn't can you give a generic answer as to whether sillysal's issue is still being resolved or has been?

If you can't you can't.

It just seems weird that thread hibernated the way it did.