Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 10-15-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (10/9 - ME Final Table)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shame Kravchenko didn't win it. He played 10 times better than anybody else at the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is IMO again a wrong perception created by showing a limited number of hands. Just like Yang seemed to lose many big hands and yet never move down much on ESPN, Kravchenko was doubling up without moving up much on ESPN.

On the small hands that PPV viewers saw, Yang was scooping up the blinds, limps, and even raises PF like crazy. OTOH, Kravchenko was quickly bleeding the chips he won in his double-ups, by limp folding or raise-folding pre-flop. Kravchenko played well only when he was in push-fold mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is right. Kravchenko played a good small stack. As soon as he got deep, he played very weak. At one time, Kravchenko was the second biggest stack and not far behind Yang. He ended up blinding himself down to the smallest stack and then got busted by Yang.

We saw three double-ups of Kravchenko by Yang. Yet, Yang was usually way ahead in the chip lead. The reason is because Yang dominated picking up the small pots not aired on ESPN and Kravchenko let himself get pushed around.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:35 PM

Man I wish all religious people were as cool as kudzudemon.

WSOP has definitely lost something. I'd rather watch Reaper than the second hour. Two, three years ago I would not have done this.
But, it still has it's moments. My brother and I have a lot of fun with "BULLDOZER" (especially after winning a coin-flip, that is priceless) and "MAKE ME BELIEVE!"
Old 10-26-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yup, this religious stuff is a joke. I cant watch any more.

VCR is recording and Ill watch with MUTE and alot of Fast Fowarding. That Hevad Kahn guy is also intolerable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you say that - because that was by far the funniest thing I've seen - save for phil and mike of course..
Old 10-26-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I felt very frustrated when I was watching the idiocy they call ME-FT mostly because I could not believe a huge donk like Yang that obviously do not understand even some very basic poker concepts can get away with murder on a table where you at least have few Pros that can find the best strategy against a loser like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because poker IS a game of luck.

Also, if you believe in GOD - there is no such thing as luck since god has predetermined EVERYTHING..And if you pray with enough conviction (have enough faith) your prayers will be answered.

This wsop me is in many ways a MIRACLE!

I hope Yang really does some charity work and does not play a single hand of poker after . Perhaps he can also appear on anti-gambling pro-christian ads denouncing gambling.
That would really make all you poker fans mad!