Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 08-08-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: WPT World Championship thread

Ahhh, finally a good WPT episode...

...til they get to HU where they are (essentially) flipping coins for $2 MILLION [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] *gags* [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

They MUST keep the new structure that was just instituted during July's Bellagio Cup III (90min levels til HU, then 60min levels)
Old 08-08-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They MUST keep the new structure that was just instituted during July's Bellagio Cup III (90min levels til HU, then 60min levels)

[/ QUOTE ]

Johnny Grooms (TD for the WPT Gulf Coast Poker Championship in early Sept) says the structure that was used for Bellagio Cup III will be in play in Biloxi. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Johnny Grooms (TD for the WPT Gulf Coast Poker Championship in early Sept) says the structure that was used for Bellagio Cup III will be in play in Biloxi. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've read that thread and I'm very happy for the players who make it deep there. Just a necessity now throughout the WPT.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, they are using the new structure? So I guess something changed because he originally said they were using the old one. FANTASTIC news though.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:05 AM

This is the first WPT episode that I've really enjoyed since this year's Mandalay Bay episode.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:55 AM

Best episode of the season.

I love the drama of seeing guys like Mortensen, Phan and Wattel dying with every decision and river card, while a guy like Guy is just having fun.

They attract new players, but I'm not that interested in the amateur player who has the run of a lifetime and wins the big event. I'm drawn to the tension of watching these grinding tourney pros try their best to drag out a big score, knowing, based on the size and skill of the fields, this will be one of the few times in their career they will make a 10K or better final table, much less the WPT Championship.

Kudos to Carlos for hanging in there. Morrison's slowroll and the 10 on the river when Carlos was 4-1 to win the title were just brutal.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:21 AM

I turned away for a while after Carlos was crippled by the set of Jacks. How many chips did he have left after that hand?
Old 08-09-2007, 08:55 AM

I think Carlos had about 1.5M after the AQ vs. JJ hand, with the blinds being 150k/300k. Also lol at Kirk's agonizing decision of calling an all in with JJ in that spot.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 AM

agree that this was a solid episode, much better than a lot of the garbgae we've had to watch for the most part...

lol at that JJ hand, i was flat out tilting just from watching it
Old 08-09-2007, 10:48 AM

Yeah this was finally a good episode to watch.
The final two players played very well and it was fun to watch up until it was decided by the crapshoot structure at the end.
I'm actually kind of looking forward to watching WPT again with the better structure implemented next season.