Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 05-09-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Internet Bonus forum

Obviously PSO does not sponsor it anymore. Bobo Fett pointed out it does not have a FAQ or rules stickied anymore and the mod does not look like they post in the forum anymore. Is PSO's mod still modding it or does it need a mod?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Internet Bonus forum

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously PSO does not sponsor it anymore. Bobo Fett pointed out it does not have a FAQ or rules stickied anymore and the mod does not look like they post in the forum anymore. Is PSO's mod still modding it or does it need a mod?

[/ QUOTE ]

if that forum is not sponsored, then why is it still there? should it not be rolled back into the zoo where it actually started? why would PSO still control the modding there?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:44 AM

I'm still around. The IB forum just hasn't needed much policing lately.

As far as I know, PSO is not moderating the forum anymore, but I am. While I did used to work at PSO, I have not been an employee for the last 6 months or so, although I do still work closely with the company.

As long as I am still a mod, the only real change I will make in my posting habits in the IB forum is not advertising for PSO by posting info about new promos, recommending PSO over all other affiliates, etc. I will still recommend PSO to people if applicable and am still willing to answer questions, but I won't be making posts about PSO happenings.

That said, I never restricted discussion about other affiliates, anyway. In fact, in the new rules sticky I posted, I added affiliate discussion as an approved topic, with a couple caveats.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if that forum is not sponsored, then why is it still there? should it not be rolled back into the zoo where it actually started?

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point, it's probably better to just keep it split out so as not to clog the Zoo any more than it already is.

By the way, I will be out of town from Thursday through Monday, so I don't get the chance to address any issues, this is why. I am going to help my in-law setup a new computer (not the reason I am leaving), so I should be able to check 2+2 at least once over the next few days.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At this point, it's probably better to just keep it split out so as not to clog the Zoo any more than it already is.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no problem with this, but iron might. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 11:31 AM

I think a lot of 2+2'ers use that forum a ton. I check it daily though I rarely post. It doesn't seem to need a ton of moderation.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no problem with this, but iron might. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
A/R and IB have 60 posts per day combined and traffic is trending down. They could definately use a merger. If IB lost a sponsor, this is an easy merge.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A/R and IB have 60 posts per day combined and traffic is trending down. They could definately use a merger. If IB lost a sponsor, this is an easy merge.

[/ QUOTE ]

The days of endless bonuses and affiliates competing to lure rakeback players is past it's peak. A/R doesn't require much mod action. A spam post every 3 days or so and a borderline one 3 or 4 times a week. Who would mod the merged forum if it merged?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:12 PM

A/R and IB should definitely be merged.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A/R and IB should definitely be merged.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I just don't want it merged back into the zoo