Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Incredible relevation about Sanjaya!

Me and my girlfriend were messing around listening to clips while playing scrabble. Well ok we were listening to Melinda Doolittle because she's the best singer ever.

Anyway as a joke I put Sanjaya on, but of course it was just the music, no video. He's like 10000 times better when you can't see him! He must look so ridiculous and awkward on stage that it completely distracts you from his voice. Go to www.rickey.org to hear some clips and tell me if I'm completely insane or if its true?

I'm not saying he's the best ever but I actually don't think he's the worst vocal at all after listening to these.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Incredible relevation about Sanjaya!

I've been saying this all along, his voice is not bad. He doesn't have much power, certainly can't belt out the big notes - but he has a nice tone and a nice pleasing sound to his voice IMO.

He does look awkward but I think the slamming he's getting from the judges is over-the-top, based on his singing. But then again the idol judges will never like someone who just sings pleasantly. They need the big glory notes. As the saying goes, "Loud is the new good". Guess that explains everyone raving about shouty Sabrina, and Mandisa last year.

I think Sanjaya has the potential to surprise a lot of people if he can just get some good feedback from the judges. He won't win but Top 5 wouldn't shock me.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:25 AM

Yeah but he also looks so ridiculous on stage. He has the absolute worst stage presence of anyone in Idol history I think. WHen I watch him I think his vocals are terrible because he moves around like a giant bafoon and has ridiculous costumes, but they arent!
Old 03-10-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but he also looks so ridiculous on stage. He has the absolute worst stage presence of anyone in Idol history I think. WHen I watch him I think his vocals are terrible because he moves around like a giant bafoon and has ridiculous costumes, but they arent!

[/ QUOTE ]

no, they really are that bad
Old 03-10-2007, 08:45 AM

He sang real well last week. It's one of the few performances I care to remember.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He sang real well last week. It's one of the few performances I care to remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought his best performance, vocally, was his 1st week when he sang Stevie Wonder's "Knocks Me Off My Feet" (started off really shaky but he found his groove). His Week 2 performance, "Steppin' Out" was ridiculously bad. Last week he was not horrible, definitely better than Week 2.

He has a soulful, Motown kind of voice. I like it - but let's not get carried away, he's nowhere near a great vocalist, he's just kind of pitchy and has no passion or energy in his voice.

-Al
Old 03-10-2007, 05:58 PM

He has a great tone, no question, but too often he becomes weak and warbly. He is in bad need of a vocal coach to teach him how to relax and generate some power and control with his breath. Like Jordin, a lot of potential, but I don't think there is time left this season to realize it.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But then again the idol judges will never like someone who just sings pleasantly. They need the big glory notes. As the saying goes, "Loud is the new good". Guess that explains everyone raving about shouty Sabrina, and Mandisa last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

very well said!!... i agree. they just don't like anyone singing pleasantly. it has to be belting out the songs.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget HIS HAIR!! Thank you for using the word bafoon/buffoon, it is household favorite and what we call him weekly.

Does anyone else feel like he looks embarrassed to make it to the next round at the weekly vote off announcement?
Old 03-12-2007, 05:37 AM

Yeah he's not that bad. Even Paula said that at least he's always on pitch.

Something about AI produces this weird Hall of Mirrors effect where one guy saying he's not great makes the next say he's bad makes the next say he's The Worst Singer Ever. My only question is whether the 3rd guy would have thought that anyway but been afraid to say it.

In any case, because he's tacky, somehow we attribute him a bad voice.