Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting

Old 03-10-2007, 01:08 AM

Default dead money on Edwards

If you have the bankroll and want money that is virtually free, just short Edwards. Her line is 4, but she has like virtually zero chance to win, this is extremely clear for many many reasons. I think it's legitimately certain enough that I'd put everything I own on this bet if I reasonably could. It's just not possible, its like 1000-1.

I know I'll get mocked again but please someone tell me how there is any possible way for her to win American Idol. What could possibly transpire? She sings ok but it's really clear that her voice is inferior to Melinda, her personality is inferior to a few people. You just cannot change that.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: dead money on Edwards

I can't really disagree with your post. I like Stephanie, and think that she has a very nice voice with good stage presence; I would put her ahead of Jordin. Heads-up against any of the men, I think she's at least competitive even in the worst case (though Sligh or Lewis could well beat her). However, I cannot construct any kind of reasonable scenario in which she is able to outlast all of the other women. If there's vote splitting, Stephanie will be the one to suffer, unfortunately [1].

Plus, I expect that Melinda is simply going to dominate this season like never before seen on AI. This alone makes Stephanie an incredible longshot, not even considering the other ten singers.

[1]Unfortunate in that there shouldn't be a vote splitting issue as the four "divas" aren't that similar, but if it happens it will send Stephanie and/or Jordin out before they should go based on talent.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:34 AM

Melinda is out of this world good. Shes one of the best vocalists I've ever heard, from what I've heard she sounds like she's on par with some of the all time great female vocalists. I can hardly imagine her having a bad week, but you know deep inside that it always happens to people eventually. Am I getting carried away?
Old 03-10-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Melinda is out of this world good. Shes one of the best vocalists I've ever heard, from what I've heard she sounds like she's on par with some of the all time great female vocalists. I can hardly imagine her having a bad week, but you know deep inside that it always happens to people eventually. Am I getting carried away?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're getting carried away at all. She already has three of the top four performances out of sixty this season (I'd say the top three) and possibly the best AI performance ever in "My Funny Valentine".

Every time I hear her, my evaluation goes up - from "lock to make the top 12" (at her audition) to "best vocalist this season" to "perhaps the best vocalist ever on AI" to "potentially one of the great American female vocalists".

If she had half the confidence of some of the other performers, she would not even be on AI - she'd already be a star. She certainly has the talent for it.