Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Top 12 Predictions

Here are my complete top 12 predictions:

Guys:

Chris Sligh
Sanjaya Malakar
Chris Richardson
Brandon Rogers
Phil Stacey
Sundance Head

Women:

Melinda Doolittle
Lakisha Jones
Jordin Sparks
Antontella Barba
Stephanie Edwards
Leslie Hunt

Somehow I think Glockson is just too mediocre. I think I'm just being hopeful though and I expect Edwards won't make it . Stacey I think is a darkhorse but ok for some reason his price is much higher on WSEX than I would have guessed. Blake Lewis might make it, I just don't know how good he is. If he finds a way to sing hip, fun songs that also incorporate some of his beatboxing in a positive way, I think he has a great shot to advance.

Here are the ones who have very little chance to make the top 12:

Paul Kim (not good)
Rudy Cardenas (also not very good)
AJ Tabaldo (actually thought he was ok in his short clip and reminds me a bit of RJ Helton from season 1, but don't see him being good enough to overcome his lack of cameratime)

Nicole Tranquillo (lol, probably +ev bet that she goes in the first week)
Sabrina Sloan (sacrificial lamb)
Alaina Alexander (see above)

Anyway these are just my opinions. I think Jared has outside chance to make top 24 depending on some things. I mean if Gideon wasn't such a freak weirdo last year he would have made it for certain, and Jared sounds very good and is definitely not seeming like a freak weirdo.

Also I really like Nicholas Pedro but feel that he has no chance. I hope Sundance doesn't make it, I just don't like him very much, and also felt his "bodyguard" comment at the end of the last show was in very poor taste. But he's one of those "different interesting guys" that make it even if they have a subpar week or two, aka Scott Savol.

Below are my mortal locks to make the top 12:

Chris Sligh
Lakisha Jones
Melinda Doolittle
and I personally believe Sanjaya Malakar will make it for sure, but the above 3 I think are well over 90%.

Not so certain about anyone else really.

Anyway that's all, everyone else respond or post your own opinions on final 12 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Top 12 Predictions

I've never bet on this before but I've been watching all the audition tapes and researching on the forums and here is my top 12 in order of confidence...

Guys:
Chris Sligh
Brandon Rogers
Sanjaya Malakar
Sundance Head (he's from the SOUTH)
Jared Cotter
Richardson

Not to sure on the last 2, I think Cotter will be a big surprise and I was split on Richardson/Lewis for 6th because Richardson seems to have a decent following on the idolforums... EDIT: Blake Lewis has the highest # of posts in his name.

Girls:
Melinda Doolittle
Lakisha Jones
Antonella Barba
Gina Glocksen
Amy Krebs
Alaina Alexander (Although many ppl have her going out early Simon really loved her in her first audition and I've read that she was sick during hollywood week so that may account for her voice)

I agree with curtains that Sligh Jones and Doolittle are virtual locks for the top 12 but I think Sanjaya and Rogers are close behind...
Old 02-20-2007, 11:25 AM

If I had to pick now:

Sundance
Sanjaya
Blake
Chris S.
Chris R.
Brandon

Lakisha
Melinda
Antonella
Jordin
Leslie
Nicole

[ QUOTE ]
Somehow I think Glockson is just too mediocre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting thing about her that I recently read is she tried out twice THIS YEAR. First time she didn't even make it to Hollywood, then she travelled to another city and now she's in the Top 24. I agree I think she's just average and her personality bugs me for some reason.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:45 AM

Chris Sligh
Sanjaya
Sundance
Brandon Rogers
Blake
Nic Pedro

Doolittle
Lakisha
Stephanie Edwards
Gina Glockson
Haley Scarnato
Amy Krebs

With the females I am largely going just on singing talent, but I wouldn't be surprised to see others get through initially on looks and some aspect of their personality that might come out.

When I get past the top 6 or 7 contenders it is hard to predict who among the herd will shine and capture people's hearts.

The first to go in my opinion will be:
AJ Phil Rudy & Paul
Leslie Alaina Nicole & Jordin
Old 02-20-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here are my complete top 12 predictions:

Guys:

Chris Sligh
Sanjaya Malakar
Chris Richardson
Brandon Rogers
Phil Stacey
Sundance Head

Women:

Melinda Doolittle
Lakisha Jones
Jordin Sparks
Antontella Barba
Stephanie Edwards
Leslie Hunt

[/ QUOTE ]

These were exactly my picks as well. I think Phil Stacey, Jordin Sparks, Leslie Hunt, and Stephanie Edwards have good value right now, if not to win, at least to sell later for some profit.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Somehow I think Glockson is just too mediocre.

[/ QUOTE ] Interesting thing about her that I recently read is she tried out twice THIS YEAR. First time she didn't even make it to Hollywood, then she travelled to another city and now she's in the Top 24. I agree I think she's just average and her personality bugs me for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to this, it is also her third year trying out. She bugs me as well. I bought a little for value but plan to sell it off in a couple weeks. Although I am not a fan of hers, I have to admit that I absolutely loved the song she sang when they showed her clip in Hollywood. That said, I think she has talent but just isn't consistent.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:07 PM

I think Gina might end up annoying the audience and lose her chance at widespread support.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:16 PM

I'm also reading that they might throw in a twist and do a Top 13 this year instead of 12. It would be unbalanced (extra spot would be a wildcard) but in a way it makes sense if they can get an extra week out of this competition for ratings and extra money from sponsors, etc. Who knows???
Old 02-20-2007, 12:46 PM

The only locks on the male side IMO are Sligh and Sundance to make the top6 in men.
Sundance even though he sucked at Hollywood, knows how to play a crowd well and will get votes.
On the woman only Barba and Doolittle are locks for the top 6
Old 02-20-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree I think she's just average and her personality bugs me for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because she's arrogant, abrasive and has a delusionally inflated opinion of herself? You're harsh.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:42 PM

Lewis
Richardson
Sligh
Stacey
Malakar
Head

Cotter could sneak in, but I seriously doubt it.

Barba
Scarnato
Sparks
Jones
Not Alexander/Glocksen
Not Alexander/Glocksen