Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Carpal Tunnel

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever tried This Mouse?

I just ran across it, it looks similar to the 3M but bigger and sturdier.

I'm about to order one.

[/ QUOTE ]hey soul

you play on stars with a bunch of different handles don't you, I RECOGNIZE YOUR PICTURE! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] aka bottomset and other names
I should report you!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're new so I don't know if you're kidding or not. Back in April a well-known HSNL player held a freeroll for his coaching services, but in order to play everyone had to use his picture as their stars and 2+2 avatar for 3 months.

As for the cordless issue, that makes sense, I'm just paranoid about the battery dying in the middle of hand, that and none of the ergo mice are cordless.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:51 PM

Since people are also discussing chairs in this thread...

I went into this Internet cafe in Tokyo and they had these chairs that were made up of loads of padded plates. When you sat in it the plates would move to support the position of your body. It was way cool and I want one, but I cannot find anything like it at all online. There must be somewhere I can get one. Has anyone seen something like this?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever tried This Mouse?

I just ran across it, it looks similar to the 3M but bigger and sturdier.

I'm about to order one.

[/ QUOTE ]hey soul

you play on stars with a bunch of different handles don't you, I RECOGNIZE YOUR PICTURE! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] aka bottomset and other names
I should report you!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're new so I don't know if you're kidding or not. Back in April a well-known HSNL player held a freeroll for his coaching services, but in order to play everyone had to use his picture as their stars and 2+2 avatar for 3 months.

As for the cordless issue, that makes sense, I'm just paranoid about the battery dying in the middle of hand, that and none of the ergo mice are cordless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I been searching everywhere, WHO IS THAT in your avatar soul.. I see it everywhere.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:19 PM

arm rest

http://www.thehumansolution.com/eg-armrest.html
Old 07-02-2007, 02:49 PM

My elbow/forearm/wrist have just begun to hurt the past few days. I want to look into the arm brace and possibly a mouse. Does any retailer carry the brace? I want to try it on and see how it feels.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:10 PM

well ive had the evoluent mouse for at least a month now and it hasnt helped at all

now im looking at this which you navigate with small head movements

http://www.naturalpoint.com/smartnav/
Old 08-01-2007, 03:59 PM

i just got the evoluent a few days ago and havent gotten compltely used to it yet--it also seems you can kinda cheat the mouse if that makes sense (which minimizes the benefit yoou should get from using it)
Old 08-01-2007, 05:00 PM

For what it worth, I have been dealing with the symptoms of Carpal Tunnel for some time. Anyone who uses their hands and or wrists in a repetetive motion on a regular basis may be at risk. All of the above methods are good advice. Good ergonomics and proper use of wrist and or hand is def. the best way to avoid the problem. It also will jelp alleviate symptoms. In addition, wrist braces are very effective at night. They provide two different functions 1) They keep the wrist in an ergonomic position, while preventing the "bending" a previous poster stated. 2) By preventing this bending and keeping the wrist in a straight / ideal position, it maximizes blood flow, which helps in terms of pain, symptoms, etc. It is debatable, whether or not it can be cured or not. Though, it def. can be treated with a surgery (any surgery is risky) and it can most often can be managed through stretching (I do this often, almost subconsciously) and excercising the wrist, hand and forearm. Also... as always... excercise, healthy eating habits, and no smoking, etc. also lend to healthy blood flow, etc. But who is going to do that last. Anyway, long, but hope this helps. My advice, if you feel symptoms, take notice and take a break. These problems, typically, once they become a problem, stay a problem.
Ps.... Some things to keep an eye out for... Symptoms wise: 1) Tingling sensation in hands (asleep hands), often times at night, it may wake you up regularly. 2) Shooting pain in hand or forearm when you grab something. 3) Pain and tightness in forearm / wrist when doing repetetive motions.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:14 AM

btw i dont think i have carpal tunnel. afaik tthats when you have tingling/numbness on the thumb-middle half of your hand. most of my pain is in my lower forearm in the tendons, so probably tendonitis