Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2006, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Phil Ivey on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I was originally going to post the only possible way he did it was taking it from some huge fishes at the higher limits. Makes sense, Flynt contributed to Ivey's bankroll. If Ivey could go HU against guys like Beale all the time, he'll probably be at $100 mil.

The $16 million that he took off Beale while it was pooled money, at least it shows you that he could mentally handled playing at that level.

[ QUOTE ]
He was doing good, rolling up the limits, then Larry Flynt started having his big Stud game and Phil pounded that and never looked back, this is a quote from Yosh Nakano about how Phil moved to the upper limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sources tell me that Ivey was probably colluding Hu with beale, therefore they both gained a huge edge, I dont think the cash either of them won on that game is attributed to card playing skill.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe he was one of the original pros. But the traffic at Full Tilt has been anemic. Only until recently has it picked up so I doubt any of the pros made any kind of money because of the site. Even then, playing the big tables at Full Tilt has probably made him more than the site ever will.

[ QUOTE ]
ivey owns big stake in ftp aswell doesnt he ? as well as dominating the biggest poker games for a while im sure hes got 50 mill +

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That must suck if he is losing more money on the site then he is at the tables.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Phil Ivey on Full Tilt *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids
Old 11-22-2006, 12:22 AM

Am I the only one who is very curious about whether or not futurepokerchamp is a gimmick.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who is very curious about whether or not futurepokerchamp is a gimmick.

[/ QUOTE ]
For the last time, I'm not a "gimmick". Yes, I have unorthodox ideas concerning poker, but I'm not a moron like some of you have suggested.

Why is it that every time you criticize a well-known pro, you get flamed? (Except Hellmuth, he seems to be fair game... See my thread.) Don't you think Ivey makes mistakes?! He's only human!

Thanks,
FPC