Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2006, 10:53 AM

Default Re: c-bet article...finally online

Great article. My question is about bet sizes.

You say [ QUOTE ]
Usually when you make these c-bets, you will be betting anywhere from 50% to 100% of the pot (in Sngs I usually avoid making full pot sized c-bets).

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is on sizing these bets. Once you've decided to c-bet, how do you decide on the size? Also, do you ever bet less than 50% (like a Harrington probe bet)?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:57 AM

I can't speak for curtains himself, but personally I almost never bet less than 50%, unless to do so is a nice round value, then I might bet like 40-45%, but that's the lowest. Or if I misclick [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] As for the size I guess it depends. You do of course want to price out draws a bit and make it "look" like you have a hand that doesn't want them to continue with it, however at a lower limit again ($55 and below) this is less of an issue, as they just don't pay attention to that stuff.

So er, in short, it depends [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I like to do about 65-70% of the pot most times though if there are two to a flush, or two connected cards that are likely to make up some kind of straight draw, and more if both are on the board, of course. It's very opponent specific though, something which is pretty hard to explain in an article. As for 50%, that's when it's just a really dry board. But I would also bet 50% with AK on A84r, or JJ on T72r and so on.. I just try to keep it consistent.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:10 AM

great article...this is a major leak in my ga,e

i've completely avoided c-betting for the most part (except for the example like K22 with AQ against one opponent). The 6 questions you asked under the flop texture section, I voted to check behind on all of them. looks like im gonna be making a couple posts on "should i c-bet here?" category.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:13 AM

Had been waiting for this a long time since you first mentioned it. It did not disappoint. An excellent article.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:53 AM

Well written and easy to follow. Thanks man.

Indy
Old 05-06-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great article. My question is about bet sizes.

You say [ QUOTE ]
Usually when you make these c-bets, you will be betting anywhere from 50% to 100% of the pot (in Sngs I usually avoid making full pot sized c-bets).

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is on sizing these bets. Once you've decided to c-bet, how do you decide on the size? Also, do you ever bet less than 50% (like a Harrington probe bet)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah probably should have gone into more detail about that...
Old 05-06-2006, 12:14 PM

feel free to respond to the article there too!
Old 05-06-2006, 12:15 PM

Location: Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

So Curtains, when are you going to write a book?

Excellent information and clearly written. Bravo.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't speak for curtains himself, but personally I almost never bet less than 50%, unless to do so is a nice round value, then I might bet like 40-45%, but that's the lowest. Or if I misclick [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] As for the size I guess it depends. You do of course want to price out draws a bit and make it "look" like you have a hand that doesn't want them to continue with it, however at a lower limit again ($55 and below) this is less of an issue, as they just don't pay attention to that stuff.

So er, in short, it depends [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I like to do about 65-70% of the pot most times though if there are two to a flush, or two connected cards that are likely to make up some kind of straight draw, and more if both are on the board, of course. It's very opponent specific though, something which is pretty hard to explain in an article. As for 50%, that's when it's just a really dry board. But I would also bet 50% with AK on A84r, or JJ on T72r and so on.. I just try to keep it consistent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet less than 50% sometimes, usually on Axx (where x is the same card) flops where the board is super dry.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:32 PM

Good shot, C.

Flight_Risk