Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 10-18-2007, 10:24 PM

Default $30/$60 on Stars?

Are people always this crazy or is this atypical? 3-betting J358 from the button???

PokerStars 30/60 Omaha/8 (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 6h 4d Qd 5c (Low: 8, 6, 5, 4, A | High: full house, queens full of fives).
Hero has 3c Ad Jd 4c (Low: 8, 5, 4, 3, A | High: two pair, aces and queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 6.62 BB. BB wins 6.62 BB. </font>

PokerStars 30/60 Omaha/8 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has As 2c 6d 3h (Low: 7, 6, 4, 2, A | High: one pair, sixes).
Button has 5d 8c 3s Js (Low: 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 | High: straight, eight high).
Outcome: SB wins 6 BB. Button wins 6 BB. </font>
Old 10-18-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Re: $30/$60 on Stars?

Hi Dave -
1st hand: I'm wondering what you're thinking when you raise on the river.

2nd hand: You don't have a very good starting hand and then you completely miss a fit with the flop.

But no hand is an island.

SB bets and with Button yet to act, you call. I'm wondering what you're thinking when you call SB's flop bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Are people always this crazy or is this atypical? 3-betting J358 from the button???

[/ QUOTE ]I don't know. Could it be Button is compensating for your own betting and/or trying to isolate you for heads-up play?

Buzz
Old 10-19-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1st hand: I'm wondering what you're thinking when you raise on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

player specific, against him i see value in this heads-up. in a normal situation i check/call it.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know. Could it be Button is compensating for your own betting and/or trying to isolate you for heads-up play?

[/ QUOTE ]

your guess is a good as mine. could either be an advertising play.. or he simply is that bad.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:51 AM

What card are you hoping for in hand 2? Ya you're getting 14:1 initially, but you still have someone behind you that might raise, and you have bottom pair no draw on a flush board. I prolly fold this when it comes back to me capped preflop too though.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What card are you hoping for in hand 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

preferably 6, Q, or J

[ QUOTE ]
and you have bottom pair no draw

[/ QUOTE ]

middle pair

[ QUOTE ]
I prolly fold this when it comes back to me capped preflop too though.

[/ QUOTE ]

knowing that maniacs behind you will re-raise with 35J8 regularly? this is not an isolated incident. given button's adjusted hand range here, and holding a speculative 2 way hand with a suit, it becomes an apparent call to me. bet/folding is way too exploitable in this game.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:53 AM

Hand one is fine against some players in that game. I'd fold the flop in hand two.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:59 AM

I played 20K hands or so in this game at the start of the year. Assuming it still runs the same, there are a sizeable chunk of players who, although very good short handed, take exactly the same game to full ring. It can be insane. PTO helps [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I dont like hand 2 either, although I understand the frustration when [censored] seems to win so often. The key in this game is to play tight, tilt free. It's not very exciting but it works. The unfortunately named BeefCurtains is a good role model.

gl

bdd
Old 10-19-2007, 05:40 AM

First hand seems OK to me, but the river raise seems like you're only going to be 3bet when quartered and rarely will be scooping. He has to be retarded after the flop and turn action to be scooped here.

Second hand is a complete trainwreck. You're peeling with a pair of sixes and a crappy backdoor broadway draw on a 3 flush, two low flop.. it doesn't matter how crazy the other players are, your equity is abysmal. This hand is one of the better scenarios for you and your actual equity is still around 27%. Give either player a flush and your equity is 1.7%. Against reasonable ranges, I would guess your equity was somewhere around 20% and there zero turn cards you can raise for value.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:48 PM

I'm trying to feel you in hand 2 man, but I just can't seem to get there.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to feel you in hand 2 man, but I just can't seem to get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

as it turns out knowing opponents' cards, more specifically button's, i think i played the hand merely "ok", as most of my 2 pair outs were legitimate.

would i bet my life savings on a pair of 6's on a 3-flush flop? generally not. i will certainly admit that the play is a long-term loser 3-handed... but there's also plenty to be said for adjusting to maniacs and taking a very occasional stand.