Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Stars Turbo Completion Time/Supernova Elite

Not sure how it works in the States, but in Canada, I think if someone (other than a relative) gives you a car, you have to pay more than just sales tax... Won't you take a hit on income tax as well? Otherwise I'd demand my company buy me a car in lieu of some of my salary since I'd only pay sales tax and not income tax like I would on salary.

I dunno, the whole Elite thing sounds pretty insane to me; I wonder if it's really only achievable (in an SNG context) for those who play the really big games, like $525 and I think there's some $1000's on Stars also. Guys who play the ~$100 SNGs are gunna have to be full-time players no doubt.

I was hoping the VIP system would be revised for more rewards for those in the middle (goldstar) but it really seems like most of the changes affect the elites. I haven't balanced out yet how the new freerolls work compared to the old ones... But doesn't look like a huge change.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Stars Turbo Completion Time/Supernova Elite

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you get an Aston Martin, aren't the taxes going to be like $30-$40K if the value is $120K?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you get a new car, you have to pay sales tax. I don't think he was calculating that in terms of it being 120k profit or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just that - I assume you'll have to pay income tax as well just like you would if you won a car...