Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2006, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Poker forums

[ QUOTE ]
What are some good poker forums besides 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of people don't like 2+2 b/c of the surplus of dickheads that seem to post and often flame here. Sorry no one has helped you so far, check out flopturnriver.com for some other great poker forums.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:41 PM

The last time I visited Flopturnriver when a poster used keywords like "rakeback" their forum automatically linked to their own site's rakeback info. There were other keywords like this too such as poker room proper names and "online poker" etc I believe.

Not only is it ugly IMO to have their forum have all those auto links in them from posters that had no intention of their posts having links in them but I am sure this is considered spam by Google too. An affiliate posted in their forum why they did it and they banned his username and his IP forever. A bit extreme IMO. I have never spent much time in there but I their forum is active and useful with many great posters it seemed, I just didnt want to read a big spam sandwich and it turned me off. It could have just been the threads I was reading had these auto links in them and that it is not common, it was however a turnoff to me.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of people don't like 2+2 b/c of the surplus of dickheads that seem to post and often flame here. Sorry no one has helped you so far, check out flopturnriver.com for some other great poker forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the guy who started flopturnriver.com

he plays 25NL on party and 1/2NL in LA, that forum is highly suspect
Old 02-03-2006, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the guy who started flopturnriver.com

he plays 25NL on party and 1/2NL in LA, that forum is highly suspect

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because he is not a top caliber player doesn't mean that his forum doesn't have good insights. I do agree that this is the best forum though, even though there is the occasional flamefest [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]