Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 12:14 AM

Default My Rant re: WPEX and Stars

WPEX REALLY needs to advertise. They should be by far the player's choice, good and bad. I think they should give 75% RB, and take 25 and advertise. They should SHOW how much people lose in rake per month, and spread it all over the net, and possibly TV, etc. I would absolutely love if it became big enough with enough fish.

Stars--I can't understand it, but at the 3/6 level (NL 6 max), the games don't seem very great, as they should being the size they are. Why is that? Why are the Party games better?
Old 10-13-2006, 12:54 AM

Default Re: My Rant re: WPEX and Stars

[ QUOTE ]
WPEX REALLY needs to advertise. They should be by far the player's choice, good and bad. I think they should give 75% RB, and take 25 and advertise. They should SHOW how much people lose in rake per month, and spread it all over the net, and possibly TV, etc. I would absolutely love if it became big enough with enough fish.

Stars--I can't understand it, but at the 3/6 level (NL 6 max), the games don't seem very great, as they should being the size they are. Why is that? Why are the Party games better?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I'm not sure how much you know about other sites (I don't know a lot) but Full Tilt gives near 100% rakeback (sometimes more, sometimes less), has semipro players, bigger site, and I assume better software. This is a great site for 'dedicated' players (the same who know the pros on the site).

wsex is a good site for the casual player. If you make rakeback 75%, then the dedicated players may go to FT.

My favorite plan, in that regard, is to say that the first $30 of rakeback is an affiliate bonus (I think their software still allows sign up codes when you first install it). Or something like the first $50, $30 to affiliate, $20 to improvements (newbie bonuses, ect).

I wish they would kill those darn $50 freerolls. I don't know what living person would play such a thing, yet they claim to have 800 participants. I think those caused the decon issues too, thus they cost more than $50.

As to the lag issues, they didn't happen to my when I was 4 tabling. You can feel the new server effects, I gaurantee it, but I did get 1 short decon (1 hand). It happened when all the tourney tables were readjusting. I reconnected immidiately (no action on my part).

Oh, and multitabling 5 top tourneys is about the craziest thing you can do, but I made some mad cheese so far (for my limited play that I do). I actually cashed out all my wsex funds, started with $13 in rakeback, added nothing and have $70. I'm very happy. I'm all about multitabling 5 tops now that the lag issues are fixed.

iH8poker
Old 10-13-2006, 12:57 AM

Full Tilt gives near 100% RB? No. 27%.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2006, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you come up with Full Tilt gives 100% rakeback? If they did, i'd be there..
Old 10-13-2006, 01:04 AM

while on subject, is it possible to get full tilt rb even if you already have a non-rb account there?
Old 10-13-2006, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
while on subject, is it possible to get full tilt rb even if you already have a non-rb account there?

[/ QUOTE ]

i got emails from affiliates today stating yes. check the affiliate forum.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you come up with Full Tilt gives 100% rakeback? If they did, i'd be there..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello. My name is "punctuation." Holla.