Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Nuts + Redraw to Nut Flush. Best way to play it?

No real specific reads. I have been playing very aggro and raising most hands. The button has been playing a lot of hands and starting to play back at me. He's a 2p2er as well. I'm not sure whether or not he knows I am or not though. He has started 3-betting me within the last few orbits, but thats a bout it.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1

CO has $60.35 to start the hand.
I have $275.60 and BTN covers.

5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($17.5, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $13</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $56.5</font>, Button calls, 2 folds, Hero...?!?!?

What is the best line to take here? I obviously want to get it AI with the BTN here. What is the best way to do that? Just repot it here and hope he pushes? Raise a small amount and hope he pushes? Call and get it in on the turn?
Old 09-21-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Nuts + Redraw to Nut Flush. Best way to play it?

What is your plan, if you call and the board pairs? So with that much dead money (187$) in the pot is unlikley button folds here to another bet giving him pot odds of something between 2:1 - 4:1 (What is Buttons exactly stack? Edit: I see he covers, so he gets a little bit better than 2:1 pot odds he can call with every set and maybe he finds a fold with the bare nut straight) for seeing 2 cards.

If he has a set and a blank comes he has not any longer the odds to call and if he has the same straight and a hearts comes it is unlikley he will give you his remaining money.

So just push this flop.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your plan, if you call and the board pairs? So with that much dead money (187$) in the pot is unlikley button folds here to another bet giving him pot odds of something between 2:1 - 4:1 (What is Buttons exactly stack?) for seeing 2 cards.

If he has a set and a blank comes he has not any longer the odds to call and if he has the same straight and a hearts comes it is unlikley he will give you his remaining money.

So just push this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTN has $402 to start the hand. That was pretty much my exact thought process too. If the board pairs, I think I would have to c/f, right [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]?

I am really new to PLO and am trying to learn the game. Thanks again [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2007, 11:42 PM

Push is standard, with or without the gutshot you appear to have missed.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:59 PM

good god we live for freerolls.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:53 AM

shove.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:22 AM

clear shove. Really I'd always do that with nuts + big flush redraw or top set + nuts. With lesser redraws I can see calling.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:44 PM

OK. I did push. CO obviously calls. BTN times down and folds. Turn is a blank and I hit my heart on the river. CO had a straight draw and BTN said he folded a set. I was just wondering if there was a better way to get more money from the btn.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:19 AM

you are close to indifferent whether he calls or folds if he has a set, just go all in.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:28 AM

he's raising you... no reason not to push here.. how many people do you see raise/fold in multi-way pots?