Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2007, 01:59 PM

Default My bankroll managment connundrum

I made a post about this earlier when I was considering taking a shot at 10/20... Ultimatly the post led me to take a shot at 10/20. This was the best decision I had made in a long time, cause ive been crushing the game for over 70k hands and my $/hr has almost doubled.
Right now im in a similar connundrum.

I have two contradictory goals:

1) Build a roll so I can move up
2) Pay off my student debt and save a bit to live in LA ASAP

My question to the 2+2 community is how aggressivly should I be withdrawing funds given my current situation:

1) My student debt is at 9k$ and I pay a high % on it (works out to about 200$ a month)

2) The @#&%*%# canadian dollar is shooting through the roof with no signs of slowing down, so the value of my roll is decreasing as each day passes. (my roll is in american, but I live in canada)

3) I currently have 26k$ on pokerstars 5k$ On Ongame, 3k$ on tilt/party

4) Im still mentally traumatized from the terrible tilt fest that was mid august to early october.. Because of this I dont think I want to frequent tougher games in 15/30 (and eventually 30/60) until january or so.. however, my winrate and roll is basically screaming at me to move up.

So basically im overrolled for the games im playing in and I need money..

However, I feel guilty withdrawing a huge chunk (like 9k$) because it kind of pisses on any solid bankroll management strategy...

Id be curious to hear what people like chezlaw and other long term midstakes grinders do as a withdrawl strategy.. Basically someone who must be overolled for their limit, bceause they stay down in those stakes and do it for a living.

Also, any inisght into my connundrum is apreciated...

Given the canadian dollar and my debt, Im strongly considering taking a huge chunk out of my roll right now.