Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Moving to LA to play pro @ commerce? (long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ] You're missing the how rediculously good the games are compared to a vegas at midstake levels (minbet and NL)

[/ QUOTE ]

My very limited experience playing 10/20 NL at both Commerce and the Bellagio did not affirm that the games in LA are better than in Vegas. And I'm paying an extra $50 per session in time charges. My experiences were perhaps atypical but even still... I would have to make literally twice as much money to afford living in LA.

This is kind of a moot point for me though since I play mostly online and playing live is just for a change of pace... living in LA seems like it would be fun (and the Commerce poker room is run much better than the rooms here imo) but the novelty of it just isn't worth that much.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Moving to LA to play pro @ commerce? (long)

I dunno I have played a ton of 10/20NL at commerce and the majoraty of the time the games are amazing. I haven't played much bellagio 10/20 so i can't really compare it but i've played a decent amount of 5/10 uncapped and as a whole its not as good as LA not to mention the fact the midlimit games at commerce are like no other.