Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Do I peel here? AQo with overs to a fairly dry board.

1/2 NL game at the local B&M. It's 3 a.m. and the wheels have come right off the game. $20 pf raises have become standard and people are gamboling it up.

PF raiser in this hand is a solid but aggressive player. He has about $400 in front of him, I have him covered at around $750.

I'm on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Limps 4 ways to villain in the cutoff, who makes it $30 to go. I call, two limpers call (pot is $125+).

Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checks to pf raiser who bets $40.

Hero ???

I feel like I'm getting the right odds to peel assuming I have 6 clean outs (do I?). OTOH, it's a suspiciously small c-bet...
Old 09-13-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Do I peel here? AQo with overs to a fairly dry board.

I'd 3bet pre-flop or fold, if he's been raising alot in position then i'd definitly 3bet it, your way ahead of his range and you dont want to play this in a multiway pot.

Has he c-bet this small before? If so, what hand did he show if he showed one down?

As played I'd fold. If i an A or Q hits on the turn and he bets closer to the pot your left with a tough decision.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:48 PM

I three-bet this in position especially since the game is loosening up. As played its a fold you probably have 6 outs but I don't particularly like calling/raising with two more people to act.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:51 PM

I've never played live but I can imagine that the only reason you want to peel is because you get 10 hands per hour.

Peeling sucks HU and in this hand you have 2 to act behind you. Just fold.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:20 PM

I think Teddie is right on here.

I much prefer a raise preflop. What's his range here 99+ and AQ+? You probably fold out the field, as well as villain's 99, TT, and AQ. Maybe even JJ or AK if villain is solid and aggressive as you say. You can fold to a shove, but getting called is what sucks. If called you probably have only 25% equity against his range, but at least you have position.

I like folding next. While raising is IMHO +EV and folding is 0EV, if the game is nutso and shows no signs of breaking there will definitely be other places to leverage your stack.

As played, hmmmmm.... I doubt he fires again with AK into 3 opponents, so I figure he's got TT+. My outs chart:

vs TT (3 combos) no outs
vs JJ (6 combos) 6 outs
vs QQ (3 combos) 3 outs
vs KK (6 combos) 3 outs
vs AA (3 combos) no outs

So based on this range (thoughts???) I'll give you 3 adjusted outs. *Assuming* both villains fold you don't have odds to call this without implied odds. Do you have implied odds? You will likely get payed off often enough when you hit due to the size of the pot. The problem is you will also end up paying off your fair share when a Q hits against KK or an A hits and is no good or whatnot. The one last variable is the players behind you. If they are super-passive and won't raise (and will pay off when you hit) that makes it an entirely different ballgame. But if the other two players don't have some calling station qualities to them I think this is a fold.

$0.02
Old 09-13-2007, 06:43 PM

Good analysis. I'd say his range is wider than you gave him but otherwise you're probably right on (he was stealing with stuff like J8s in these situations). I didn't know if I'd get paid if I hit so it was a poor play in hindsight (I peeled, check-checked the turn and rivered an A and he paid me with 77, but it bothered me afterward that I called, however small the bet).

Thanks for the input all.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:56 PM

Its hard to comment on how it was played, does the villian have a table image on you? If he has you as a rock, then I raised pre-flop
Old 09-13-2007, 07:35 PM

I would have folded this preflop. I play live and I tend to play a very tight boring abc game when i sit down. I rarely mix it up becuz its not likely that you can fancy play a 1/2 nl live table. If you ran into a rare tight agg live 1/2 player why don't you just stay out of his way? Too many hands that beat you especially if he is solid - AND you have 2 peeps behind that can raise - then what?

I don't mind calling behind with AQ agnst loose stupid oponents, BUT your read is that he is solid and agg. Just fold and let the $30 go.