Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 08:43 PM

Default Re: College v. Pro

[ QUOTE ]
True, but those writers also didn't present their reasoning 'why' they think this.

[/ QUOTE ] dude to a question in an e-mail. However, it would be very interesting to see an article from them explaining why they feel that way.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not worrying about the spreads in the 15-20 range.

[/ QUOTE ] well yeah that is still a large spread, but their whole debate was weither the Texans would be a 35 point favorite, seems high to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Imo, anyone that spouts that USC is favored is the same type that thinks they want fewer players to see the flop against their AA. Their thinking is defintely suspect.

[/ QUOTE ] yeah clearly a little wacko, and either they are huge SC dick riders, or they want to make a controversial pick there.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:20 AM

Default Re: College v. Pro

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
True, but those writers also didn't present their reasoning 'why' they think this.

[/ QUOTE ] dude to a question in an e-mail. However, it would be very interesting to see an article from them explaining why they feel that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I covered that and gave them the benefit of the doubt here:
[ QUOTE ]
(not necesarily their fault as they likely weren't asked, however, if one is going to say USC, it should be implied that reasoning should be forthcoming on such an outrageous prediction)

[/ QUOTE ]

---
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not worrying about the spreads in the 15-20 range.

[/ QUOTE ] well yeah that is still a large spread, but their whole debate was weither the Texans would be a 35 point favorite, seems high to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Texans would have to lay off during the game. Maybe just run the ball for the whole 2nd 1/2 or something. This could easily be a career game for the Texans.

[ QUOTE ]
Imo, anyone that spouts that USC is favored is the same type that thinks they want fewer players to see the flop against their AA. Their thinking is defintely suspect.

[/ QUOTE ] yeah clearly a little wacko, and either they are huge SC dick riders, or they want to make a controversial pick there

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably both. After all, who's article would you be more likely to read? The guy who predicts a blow out, or the one who picks the overwhelming dog as a favorite?

Hey, I hate USC with a passion, but I still think they had one of the top teams ever. No denying that. As much as I'd really like to. But some guys just seem to look at a ticker tape and a stat sheet not really thinking that they really aren't that comparable given the difference in class these 2 teams are in.

Good post above by Pokerfink.

b