Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: The Well: dobieatwar (stats/pathetic staking request included)

Ron Burgandy (eric5148):

It must be nice to hit every 8 outer, after betting your draw heads up and calling a raise.

I am not a tilt monkey and other than this one incident of moving up, and my chat whining to release my anger there is no significant evidence of it in my play.

edit: actually I did tilt once against you when I pushed all in because I thought my bad hand was good, but you instacalled me with middle pair. That is the exception however, not a common occurance.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:45 PM

Email sent dobie, I'll most likely stake you with 100% makeup.

Some well questions though:

1. What's your story? When did you begin playing, what site, etc?

2. How did you develop your unorthodox game? It's obviously not the standard style on these forums, nor in any book I've read, but it's effective in my opinion because it's so unorthodox.

Edit: For anyone who hasn't played with dobie, he mini-raises preflop from any position with connected cards as well as pocket pairs, and it is common for him to see a flop with 4 callers, and take it down with a 1-2 dollar bet into a $7 pot.

3. Have you studied good LAG play, such as CCUUURRSE's in his prime at 1/2? Just curious as to why you play the mini-raising style as opposed to a normal bet-sized style of LAG play.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:58 PM

1) I started playing in 1992 in local San Diego Indian reservations. I did not start online regretfully until late 2005. I made most of my money bonus-whoring in 2005, then on UB and OnGame in 2006, and FullTilt in 2007.

2) I developed it because playing 20/10 or 15/7 gets quite boring after a while and one of the main reasons I play is for fun. Although it is no fun to lose, so that is why I try hard to win as well.
Most of the posts here are with overcreative overaggressive plays and bluffing. Alot of my style involves finding out what hand my opponent has and disguising my own.
There is a guy Gmoney2001 on Full Tilt. I don't know if he posts here, but he is the guy I picture when I read alot of the posts here. He is the epitome of a bad TAG player.

3) I never really datamined. However, for about a month in the summer I was dataminging CUURRRSE and 0_Drunkenboxer. I was looking at CUURRRSE because he is a very good dangerous player and 0_Drunkenboxer because I wanted to see how to defeat the computers. I chose the minraising style because IMO 100BB is not really deep enough to play the true LAG style. Even CUURRRSE changed his style near the end because people were adjusting, and it is not sound if people are constantly playing back at you. At one point I printed out the detailed stat page for both of us and compared each stat. and they were remarkably similar. There were 2 major differences which I tried to incorporate into my play. One of which was playing tighter and more aggressively from the blinds. I was limping way too much in the SB.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:49 PM

thank you.

no more offers for 11/20/07 needed.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:33 PM

why did your flop AF jump to 9 this month at 100nl? That seems absurdly high and exploitable. In fact much of your game seems really exploitable (reraising you a lot, forcing you to play HU oop, forcing you off your hand on turn/riv cause you often have crap etc. seems like the plan). Have you had anyone really turn up the heat on you?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It must be nice to hit every 8 outer, after betting your draw heads up and calling a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

You take bad beats personally, and have to berate the opponents to make yourself feel better. Nope, no emotional control problems here.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:48 PM

Ive seen some supsect advice from him but im sure hes a winning player at some level(bigbiceps)
Old 11-20-2007, 05:31 PM

Was this the hand in question? If so, I retract my statement that you took a bad beat. I just straight up pwned your minraising ass. Ship it thx

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $57.15
UTG+1: $93
MP1: $39.65
MP2: $109.05
CO: $80.30
BTN: $147.35
SB: $98
Hero (BB): $126.55

Pre-Flop: 5 7 dealt to Hero (BB)
6 folds, SB calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB calls $2

Flop: ($6) 6 K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, SB calls $4

Turn: ($14) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $11</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $22</font>, Hero calls $11

River: ($58) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $58</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $97.55 and is All-In</font>, SB calls $11 and is All-In

Results: $196 Pot ($3 Rake)
SB mucked K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T (two pair, Kings and Tens) and LOST (-$98 NET)
Hero showed 5 7 (a straight, Seven high) and WON $193 (+$95 NET)
Old 11-20-2007, 05:39 PM

wow that KT couldnt have been played worse
Old 11-20-2007, 05:39 PM

I am happy I don't have to keep you a secret anymore, but to be honest, I am much more happy you outed eric. HAHA I had been wanting do that for months and post the 22 consecutive hands I 3 bet him with air.

I'll stake you 1k only because I know where you live and you watched me bust my roll at 5/10 HU this summer.