Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: 10/20 -26s - Interesting hand that I botch terribly

I'd just donk out on the flop and hope to get a few folds and a bunch of bets in against whoever remains. I definately call the river. This guy took a really spazzy/retarded line and I'm not folding 2 pair for 1 more bet in a big pot. He could have AQ, AJ, some random AXs, a gutshot that he decided to call 2 with on the turn, QQ, JJ, or any other random nonsense. The guy played the hand like retard so far, so I think he'll be out of line on the river way more than 1 time in 20.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:23 AM

i bet the flop and its not results oriented
Old 10-26-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... I think the worst part of this hand by far is my flop check.

I reflex checked, and before anything happened I was pissed at my impulsivity.

The reason I think the flop check is really bad is because the preflop initiatve is really screwed up.
Anyone besides button may be "checking to the raiser" when clearly not realizing that button is just gambling and is not strong.

Button may still try a cont bet, but a good portion of the time he wont and realizes he has no shot at winning this pot with his crappy hand.

I dont want to give out free equity in a pot this huge. The only thing that sucks is my flop donk screams "powerful hand", but I think a free card scenario is happening A LOT and I want to protect my hand.

I think flop check is pretty bad.

Turn check is probaibly ok because this card is certaintly not getting checked like ever... Ax will get desperate and is very likely, and if no one has Ax , surely someone in late pos will stab at it.
Although there is an argument for b3b. Im very likely ahead and AQ/AJ may raise to protect their vulnerable hand.

River I think is a check/call (I think he has a flush much more than Ax here and he sometimes will bet his Ax for me anyway.. Most of the time he wont tho)
I dont think hes bluffing here... Not bceause I dont think hes capable of a bluff.. Im very confident hes not capable of raising any worse hands thats hes calling 2 bets cold on the turn...

Preflop is a call/fold?

Can anyone do a poker tracker analysis on 26s calling 2 bets cold back to them after a limp reraiser and a cold call/cap?
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] thats my response to preflop
Old 10-26-2007, 12:51 AM

Problem with preflop I think is that you can't win with a pair here against all those people, so it seems pretty clear. But whatever, who cares.

Flop, yeah, limp reraisers don't seem to be continuation betters. Go figure.

Turn I don't mind.

River is bet/call. This is exactly like a lot of the rivers I've been seeing lately, where I hesitate, say to myself "I'm never good here", and wind up good. It's happening an appalling amount lately.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold both times preflop, RIO + large bets to overlay = fold. Getting 9:1 in the BB with this type of hand is much worse than getting 9:1 to complete in the SB.

You describe UTG+1 as somewhat overagg, but is he a SD monkey? If I know he's good enough to fold QQ-JJ on the turn, then there is no point to the river bet. He will either have Ax, or a flush on the river. C/c get's the same from both, but bet/fold means his occasional spazz raise, or misclick raise, turns into a substantial mistake for us.

Also, if he is passive enough to check behind AQ/AJ on the river, the bet is mandatory. Fold is ok too I guess, but I probably don't make it. Given his preflop action, he has AQ/AJ like 90% of the time when he CCs the turn.

Edit: 2
When he doesn't have Ax, I actually think a slowplayed set is more common than a FD.

I also think your flop and turn play is standood.

[/ QUOTE ]sorry dude but folding preflop after its 1 to you is horrible bad.

its even ok to call with any suited if CO raises Button calls SB calls.
However hands like 92 can get close to -/+ 0 ev if u play them bad.
If the players are very predictable on flop and i can safely call my gutshot for 1 bet i also call connecters(78 etc,no gap) getting 7:1. But like i said, only if the players allow me to play good after the flop.

9:1 and 26 which has some straight equity should be a CLEAR call however.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think hes bluffing here... Not bceause I dont think hes capable of a bluff.. Im very confident hes not capable of raising any worse hands thats hes calling 2 bets cold on the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy has laggy stats, and he already played the hand spazzy. You can't be that confident in your read of him getting 19-1.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:56 AM

elle oh elle. fold two pair on the river?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time.