Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 06:31 AM

Default HoChunk, Baraboo, Wis. info

I didn't want to hijack the Potowatomi thread any further so here's the scoop with HoChunk, located near Baraboo/ Wisconsin Dells (about an hour's drive north of Madison).

You can call in, up to 2 hours in advance. 800.746.2486 x2190. (Thanks Droopy for that 800 number).

Nowadays during the week there's usually only one 2/4 table running and 1-3 1/2 NL tables ($100 min, $300 max). Management has said they'll spread whatever they can fill a table for, with the caveat that it can't break or severely diminish an existing table.

The 1/2 game is pretty soft usually and very passive preflop. You can sneak in with a lot of suited connectors and be pretty sure you'll have enough people come along to make a decent pot. People also tend to pay off pretty light, as is probably the case with most 1/2 NL games.

On weekends the game selection is much better, with 8-12 tables running (though this will likely drop some as tourism season winds down). They will offer 1/2 NL, 2/4, 6/12 and sometimes 10/20 limit, and sometimes 3/5 NL ($300 min, $500 max). They sometimes get limit O8 going too (not sure on the limits... 6/12 or 2/4 probably). Pots are raked 10 percent up to 4 bucks.

On Monday nights at 7 p.m. there's a 5/10 PL game that's re-starting and if you have the roll we'd love to have you. So far it's been 7-10 players and it sometimes breaks before midnight when a few people bust out. You can call ahead a week in advance to get on this list and the first 10 from the list who are there at 7 are seated.

This game is raked $5 per half hour, presumably because bigger decisions take longer. Honestly though due to the level of players at that table I think we get more hands per hour on average, so the timed rake isn't a huge deal.

Hope this info is helpful. Say hi to the longhair guy in the Hawaiian shirt if you see me. And I apologize for the suckout. I thought I had more outs than I did [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]