Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

My biggest concern is with SpadeEye. It can't read my database at all. I get the same message as above.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:37 AM

I have turned off both my McCaffee and Windows firewall and anti virus. I can get SpadeEye to scan my database now, but it always comes up with an error and then after pressing scan all tables multiple times will it begin to read my database... I don't really like the idea of playing without any protection for my computer
Old 09-05-2007, 05:27 AM

A word about the PostgreSQL installation: in the instructions over at HoldemManager.net, rvg instructs to leave the password area blank at a given time. He shows a screenshot of the Postgres installation wizzard asking if you want a random password generated, and instructs to click 'NO'.

In the new release of Postgres, you are no longer offered the possibility to leave the pw area blank. The installation wizzard now says: "if you do not make a pw, one will be generated automatically". I'm not sure if this is causing the problems I'm having with HM, but it's probably a good idea to look into it when you have time, rvg.

(I posted on the HM forum about this as well, fyi.)
Old 09-05-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A word about the PostgreSQL installation: in the instructions over at HoldemManager.net, rvg instructs to leave the password area blank at a given time. He shows a screenshot of the Postgres installation wizzard asking if you want a random password generated, and instructs to click 'NO'.

In the new release of Postgres, you are no longer offered the possibility to leave the pw area blank. The installation wizzard now says: "if you do not make a pw, one will be generated automatically". I'm not sure if this is causing the problems I'm having with HM, but it's probably a good idea to look into it when you have time, rvg.

(I posted on the HM forum about this as well, fyi.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Neku,

Thanks for this, I'll download the latest install and update my installation instructions.

Roy
Old 09-05-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have turned off both my McCaffee and Windows firewall and anti virus. I can get SpadeEye to scan my database now, but it always comes up with an error and then after pressing scan all tables multiple times will it begin to read my database... I don't really like the idea of playing without any protection for my computer

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be able to run these programs and have them just let Postgres, HM, Spadeeye etc do what they need to do - I'll dig around some more on the Postgres forums for suggestions. I've seen a lot of people have problems specifically with Mcafee. have you tried just disabling that and leaving everything else (ie windows firewall) running?

rvg
Old 09-05-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be able to run these programs and have them just let Postgres, HM, Spadeeye etc do what they need to do - I'll dig around some more on the Postgres forums for suggestions. I've seen a lot of people have problems specifically with Mcafee. have you tried just disabling that and leaving everything else (ie windows firewall) running?

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have done that. SpadeEye gets the same error and HoldEmManager requires mulitple trys.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have done that. SpadeEye gets the same error and HoldEmManager requires mulitple trys.

[/ QUOTE ]

These types of problems some people are having is exactly why I was looking at replacing postgres. After I release the next update with a few enhancements and Bodog, Crypto and Absolute support I'll provide a SQLite option for HM. It is no install / no config and you should not have any of these problems and performance is comparable.

rvg
Old 09-05-2007, 06:37 PM

I need to move the PostgreSQL folder to another location.

Is it possible to do this without losing my db?

If not, how do I backup my db?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:18 PM

Where do I find true hourly winrate and multi table ratio?
Old 09-06-2007, 03:11 AM

After I release the next update with a few enhancements and Bodog, Crypto and Absolute support I'll provide a SQLite option for HM. It is no install / no config and you should not have any of these problems and performance is comparable.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

now you tell us [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]