Game = Personality

A lot of girls will tell u I think that :

Personality 8 + Looks 6 >>>> Personality 4 + Looks 8
Old 11-21-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Re: How much would you spend..

[ QUOTE ]
Personality 8 + Looks 6 >>>> Personality 4 + Looks 8

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I agree with this. People date their own physical attractiveness level +/- 1 point unless there is some circumstance such as wealth or fame to alter this.

That being said even if we assume you are correct what does this have to do with the hypothetical presented?

The question was not would you trade 3 personality points for 3 look points. The question was would you trade money for look points. Personality would stay constant or improve from added confidence.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:06 AM

Personality 8 + Looks 6 ?= Personality 6 + Looks 8

tons of guys are in the 6 range (physically) so this is a more interesting case, no?

i suspect girls would say personality weighs heavier than looks, but i'm skeptical if it's true in practice.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:20 AM

Tarhelljks,

I think in a club setting - The looks get noticed first.
Out of that setting Personality >>> Looks

henry17,

I wouldn't trade money for looks as I'm not conceited enough and I'm a very confident person. However, if anyone did trade money for looks, I think their personality would change. It would have to, so as to adapt to the new looks/attention/opportunites etc..
Old 11-21-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, if anyone did trade money for looks, I think their personality would change. It would have to, so as to adapt to the new looks/attention/opportunites etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know any guys who have had plastic surgery but I do plenty of girls who have had breast implants. Their personality didn't change.

But if I understand your position by encouraging my overweight friend to start a workout program and improve his physical appearance I'm hurting his personality?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:47 AM

henry, if you're friend gets fitter and more healthier, and thus feels better about himself...he'll be more confident in everything else he then does... Its all linked... Ok fundamentally, some personality traits will remain fixed, but his personality will change and more often than not its for the better...

As for the breast implants thats a bad example as I don't know one girl that has had it done who isn't different as a result....Ie they have gone from being insecure in their appearance to going topless on holidays, showing them off and wearing skimpier outfits and thus getting more attention from guys. They have adjusted the way they then act around these people and some of the traits they displayed pre-op have now changed.

A better example would be rhinoplasty (nose jobs)... I know several girls that have had them done who are completely different people now as a result... and you woudn't be able to tell unless you knew them before and after...More discreet then boob enlargements and yet just as much a factor in personality changes !

I think that the world today puts too much emphasis on looks... Looks will only get you so far, but most doors are opened further by personality traits and intelligence.

Vava
Old 11-21-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But if I understand your position by encouraging my overweight friend to start a workout program and improve his physical appearance I'm hurting his personality?

[/ QUOTE ]

the change doesn't have to be a bad thing-- if the guy is a 3 b/c he's obese and becomes 5 or 6 after shedding the weight his attitude will probably change for the better.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How much would you be willing to spend to up your facial attractiveness by like 3 points.. (on 1 to 10 scale)? I know for myself the answer comes out to at least $30k. Is attractiveness really worth that much? OOT what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
if you have a corporate job i am sure each point equals thousand of dollars in raises.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
henry, if you're friend gets fitter and more healthier, and thus feels better about himself...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand your position.

Spending $30k to improve face = decrease in personality
Working out to improve body = better personality

You do realize this is inconsistent.

[ QUOTE ]
if you have a corporate job i am sure each point equals thousand of dollars in raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

During articling interviews for Bay St law firms I'd say looks were worth at least a half letter grade (probably more).

----------

Girlfriend work up so I asked her about the game vs looks issue. Her position is if a guy has looks he doesn't need game. Girls will just go up to him and he can then pick from the ones that approach. I have two male friends who are 10s and my experience when out with them also supports her view.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:32 AM

PErsonally I'd pay more for +3 insta game points rather than +3 insta looks points.