Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Bluescouse in freefall

i really enjoyed this kid's busto story, and it makes me long for the days on 2+2 when we actually got to read legit busto tales. now everyone is so sophisticated that when they or their friends go bust, people are quiet about it.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:40 AM

I don't know, it's kind of frustrating that he won't listen to ANYTHING anyone tells him.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, it's kind of frustrating that he won't listen to ANYTHING anyone tells him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-24-2007, 05:06 AM

LOL at someone offering to take Ed. Some people have way too much money.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:36 AM

If a degen wants to quit gambling, drinking, drugging whatever I have the tools to get rid of the complusion. If ur in that mode contact me and I will help u out. Other than that let the degen go on!!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice picture but it has no relevance, DUCY?

The key difference between me and Bluescouse is that I work, he doesn't. I recognise I need to hold down a job, to have a steady income. Also, I don't play high stakes. Sometimes I'll foolishly go to $2/$4 or $3/$6, a couple of times $5/$10, and blow off some money I won earlier. But my main games are $0.50/$1 and $1/$2, and I'm a winner over the lifetime of my blog (mid-August), if not over my own lifetime. I am learning discipline, I really am!

I just re-wrote my last blog post, btw, with something about whether we should feel sympathy for heavy losers.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The key difference between me and Bluescouse is that I work, he doesn't. I recognise I need to hold down a job, to have a steady income. Also, I don't play high stakes. Sometimes I'll foolishly go to $2/$4 or $3/$6, a couple of times $5/$10, and blow off some money I won earlier. But my main games are $0.50/$1 and $1/$2, and I'm a winner over the lifetime of my blog (mid-August), if not over my own lifetime. I am learning discipline, I really am!

I just re-wrote my last blog post, btw, with something about whether we should feel sympathy for heavy losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. you´re 10 years older than he is so you have to work while he doesn´t. plus he has 50k invested in a house while you don´t have any assets (my guess).

2. while you´re not playing high stakes, you´re playing the highest stakes possible wether you can afford them or not.

talking like you´re some sort of mature bluescouse really made me lol.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:13 AM

Pretty sick that people are getting some sort of enjoyment off this kids misery.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. you´re 10 years older than he is so you have to work while he doesn´t. plus he has 50k invested in a house while you don´t have any assets (my guess).

2. while you´re not playing high stakes, you´re playing the highest stakes possible wether you can afford them or not.

talking like you´re some sort of mature bluescouse really made me lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point - yes, I'm older, so he can be forgiven for youthful folly, whereas the course of my (miserable) life is more deeply set.

The £50k he may have in his house doesn't mean a great deal beyond that he's won more than I have. He'll likely lose it. Or, even if he quits playing, he'll fail to meet his mortgage repayments and he'll lose the house anyway.

It simply isn't true to say that I play the highest stakes available to me. So, on Monday night £600 cleared in my bank, yet I deposited £100 and played $1/$2. I've got £1200 clearing in my account in a couple of days, but I'm still not going to play any higher. I like playing super-bad clueless opponents. I don't want to be outplayed. I want my opponents to suck even more than I do. I do not like to be up against clever, thinking players. So the limits I currently play are perfect for me.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:22 AM

What would you attribute most to having learnt more discipline Jim? Poverty? a book? a friend? philosophy? parents?

My discipline usually goes out the window when my BR dwindles.