Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: live 5/10 NL I check-fold KK overpair on flop

In my experience at foxwoods, your assessment is somewhat true but only for a few players.......I found it to be the opposite with some of the regulars though. I would at least call on this flop given how you played it just to see what he does on the turn. I wouldn't rule out 1 pr hands completely, but I suppose you probably had a better grasp on this situation than any of us can so w/e. Posting this hand here seems kind of silly though doesn't it? You know it's not going to be well received and if the villain here is so readable and really plays his hands completely face up why even bother posting it here to ask us about it?
Old 09-12-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew not many people would come to my defense on this one, that's fine. But let me just point out one more thing about the flop bet. The board is not very drawy so this guy isn't worried about someone drawing out on him. If the guy just has a pair and is not entirely sure it is the best hand, he isn't going to bet 375. He would bet something under 300. He also would probably not make such a big bet as a bluff. That leaves only big hands. This is kind of based on reading this particular player but I think it applies generally to live players (though the variation comes in what each player thinks is a big hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is villain thinks AQ is a monster.

Check/folding to one bet is horrible and you can't make any reasonable case otherwise unless he is some ridiculous nit.

If villain had a set why would he pot this dry ass flop? Live players don't do that. They either bet like 1/2 the pot or get tricky and check. LOL at putting this guy square on 77/44 though, that's hilarious.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my experience at foxwoods, your assessment is somewhat true but only for a few players.......I found it to be the opposite with some of the regulars though. I would at least call on this flop given how you played it just to see what he does on the turn. I wouldn't rule out 1 pr hands completely, but I suppose you probably had a better grasp on this situation than any of us can so w/e. Posting this hand here seems kind of silly though doesn't it? You know it's not going to be well received and if the villain here is so readable and really plays his hands completely face up why even bother posting it here to ask us about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK yeah, probably a bad thread to start. I guess I wanted to see if there is anyone who has ever done something like this or would ever consider it good.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:18 PM

By the way, after I folded he said he had 74. I know it doesn't matter at all because nobody is saying that wasn't in his range, but it was nice to find that out anyway.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK yeah, probably a bad thread to start. I guess I wanted to see if there is anyone who has ever done something like this or would ever consider it good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I used to do stuff like this occasionally. Then I learned how to play poker.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:31 PM

Of course the player "says" he had such n' such hand. Obv. their playing w/ your mind as well. lol

Next time, please don't post this useless junk here, and go around trying to "defend" your logic.

Once you post, take it like a man when reading the feedback thats why you posted in the first place right? If you can't take it, don't bother.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:47 PM

If you play live with calling stations, then make it like 150 preflop.If you get or 2 callers, don't ever fold overpairs (and don't play deep if you scared of everything).

If you check-folding KK here, then just limp with every PP and look for sets.You will be obviously very transparent.

And you say, the fact he bet from the button and bet big - that's what made you to fold.WOW.

Everybody has checked to the button, he sees dry flop when noone has anything.I'd bet any 2 here.And bet BIG, cause i want to take the pot down.Your reasoning is flawed.Now, if SB led into 4 ppl, including the pfr, that's scarier and if the flop was something like Q56, i'd put him on 56.
But you played it pretty bad.