Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: What will you do if they reinstate the draft?
Enlist happily and fight for my country. 21 14.00%
F that, this war is stupid. 40 26.67%
Move to Mexico or Canada 36 24.00%
BASTARD!! 53 35.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

A-Rod was an A free agent, Posada was an A free agent and Rivera was an A free agent. Pettite is an A free agent. We've already signed 3 and are trying to sign a forth in Andy. What was the rule again about not being allowed to sign more than 3 A free agents this year? Will it have an impact on us if we need to sign Rowand or something?
Old 12-01-2007, 10:05 PM

ya what's the deal with andy he's a perfect one year sign until they sign a big FA starter next offseason
Old 12-01-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ya some random asian guy who will probably take some time to adjust to mlb, or ROWAND....

also let me get back to my point melkys range isn't good now, and hes probably going to become bulkier and as a result slower

[/ QUOTE ]

Young players improve defensively normally, they don't regress.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A-Rod was an A free agent, Posada was an A free agent and Rivera was an A free agent. Pettite is an A free agent. We've already signed 3 and are trying to sign a forth in Andy. What was the rule again about not being allowed to sign more than 3 A free agents this year? Will it have an impact on us if we need to sign Rowand or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG its all ARod's fault
Old 12-01-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure resigning your own players doesn't count, so there would be no problem with signing Rowand.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ya some random asian guy who will probably take some time to adjust to mlb, or ROWAND....

also let me get back to my point melkys range isn't good now, and hes probably going to become bulkier and as a result slower

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure they do. they just often get moved to other positions when they do.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure resigning your own players doesn't count, so there would be no problem with signing Rowand.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of problems with signing Rowand, this just won't be one of them.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you so in love with ROWAND? You think Melky at 23 is going to get worse next year, but ROWAND at 30 isn't? WTF?
Old 12-01-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure they do. they just often get moved to other positions when they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i can see him becoming a very good left fielder... but theres no way his range is going to improve... he's going to get somewhat bulkier...possibly alot...also he'd probably be a better hitter if he bulked up and lost some speed
Old 12-01-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you so in love with ROWAND? You think Melky at 23 is going to get worse next year, but ROWAND at 30 isn't? WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

i meant melky's D will get worse in 3-5 years... . i was referring to making him the yankee CF for the rest of his career setitment being thrown around on this thread

ROWAND for the next three years will be better than melky...the team will improve dramatically with him in center