Old 08-06-2007, 11:57 AM

Default $1100 Borgata Sup. Satellite hand

$1100 Borgata Super Satellite yest.
1 out of 40 got pkgs. 460 players.. 10k starting

Level 6 - Blinds 300/600 75 ante

stack me ~20kish villian (just entered table)~15kish

Tight semi-nitty table.

Middle Pos. I raise to 1600
w/ 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] called by villian on cutoff.
Heads up to flop.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet 2500.. Villain Calls.

Turn - 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Action?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: $1100 Borgata Sup. Satellite hand

+check for pot control and to try to get to showdown. call a push or whatever he bets though b/c you've got beaucoup outs.

pre-flop, raise more to something like 2200
Old 08-06-2007, 12:43 PM

If you put in a decent bet here you are committed to calling his all-in. My first thought is that this hand is almost definitely going to a showdown, so it may be best to check and hope that he doesnt bet you off this monster draw. However, considering you have to finish in the top 12 of 460 to win this tourney, I would go all-in here, hope he is capable of folding a king here, while having plenty of outs to fall back on if he calls. You need to accumulate chips to have any chance of winning the $40K package--you can't fold this monster draw given the structure of the tourney.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:48 PM

this is tough. my first thought was to check with the intention of setting the guy in if he bets, and if he checks behind then thats fine too. but with ~9500 in the middle and villain only having 11k behind i don't think we're deep enough to assume he'd be leaving himself room to bet/fold.

i think i just fire again, like 7k or so, an amount where he knows youre committed. you could just shove but the commit bet looks a bit stronger imo.

i also strongly disagree with above poster, i don't think theres ever a need to go >3x before the flop. although it does seem to be very common in live tournaments.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:38 PM

it's a live sat, having chips left when hitting the bubble should be your main concern, c/c.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:39 PM

Guess the post was more like: how did i misplay this hand (if i did)? the turn i bet out 5k. he takes a while then goes all in.. of course i'm priced in (bout 4k more). make the call. he has A K off (w/ ace spades blocker). brick river. wondering if 7k would of made a diff. or an all in.. or a check/call? agree w/ gboro that you don't need >3x pre to get the same info.

anyways, left with about 5k. double up to 10k w/ kq pre shove. then hover around there till level 9. where i raise w/ 88 and run into bullets.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:42 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
it's a live sat, having chips left when hitting the bubble should be your main concern, c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any amount (including a shove)?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:45 PM

I didn't do the math - if we have odds to call a shove not counting the J's as outs, fine. they usually won't shove though because it's live.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:24 PM

Is there any reason not to check this flop? I c-bet almost all flops, but if there was a place to check, I'd probably do it here with the intention of crai.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:37 PM

I dont think this hand is tough or close honestly. One out of 40 get the seat so hero needs to acquire some chips. On the flop i would go for a c/r ai or sometimes(against a weak agg player) lead weak in order to shove over the raise. The turn here is so easy IMO, shove, dont make a psb. Live players react weaker to all ins. You do have FE here often and a decent amount of equity when called.