Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

Even with a top QB, I think their inconsistencies (penalties) especially WRT to their receivers and the inability to get lucky also are keeping them out of the playoffs.

Turn all those around and then I'd agree that they have a shot at making the playoffs. There are some real positives on the team including some aspects that they do BETTER than last year, e.g. tackling and stopping the run.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:15 AM

Yea, so this team sucks. Anyway, beat the patriots and I will not be happy with the year, I will be thrilled. But i give that like a -555% chance.

Can we please all admit that McNabb absolutely blows. And this D is really not that good. Blow the damn team up and start again.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:24 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
QB: C-
Offensive Line: D-
Running Back: A+
Wide Receiver: C-
Tight End: D

Defensive Line: C-
Linebackers: D-
Secondary: D+

Kicker: B+
Punter: C-

How the hell did we ever beat Detroit?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-05-2007, 11:11 PM

Boy was that a pathetic performance. Guess the "Super Bowl window" is closed now - has any team ever gone to 4 straight conference championship games and not won a Super Bowl other than Buffalo?

Is there any reason to watch this team anymore except to see Kolb play?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:47 PM

Sean Considine was put on IR today to some shoulder injury he suffered against Dallas. I'm guessing we just plug Quintin Mikell in there.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:37 AM

Mikell will start. This is actually a good development in terms of our starting lineup IMO, although it obviously hurts depth with rookie Marcus Paschell as the 3rd safety.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:19 PM

LOL that no one posted in this thread for quite some time.

Bunch of fair weather fans.

I hereby predict that the Eagles will pull a Phillies this year. After giving them up for dead they will limp around vying for a wild card spot.

Whether they make it or not will be immaterial since if they were to get to the playoffs, they would get smoked.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's just, for me at least, a feeling that I've seen this movie before and I know how it ends - maybe a wc berth, but certainly no end to the Lombardi Trophy drought.

It is sad to think about the comparison we'll be subject to next week. After meeting in the Super Bowl a few years ago, the Eagles are literally a .500 team since, while the Pats have become a buzz saw, on their way to a perfect season.

A win is always nice, but the Eagles got zero sacks today. If they get this kind of (non existant) pressure against Brady next week, it's not going to be pretty.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's just, for me at least, a feeling that I've seen this movie before and I know how it ends - maybe a wc berth, but certainly no end to the Lombardi Trophy drought.

It is sad to think about the comparison we'll be subject to next week. After meeting in the Super Bowl a few years ago, the Eagles are literally a .500 team since, while the Pats have become a buzz saw, on their way to a perfect season.

A win is always nice, but the Eagles got zero sacks today. If they get this kind of (non existant) pressure against Brady next week, it's not going to be pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe you're bitching about lack of stats when the defense held miami scoreless.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe you're bitching about lack of stats when the defense held miami scoreless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pointing up a stat that reflects a problem this team has had for a while now - they don't pressure the QB. If they don't do this, they won't beat many quality teams.

That's all I'm saying. You disagree?