Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: WPEX Regulars thread (lc)

[ QUOTE ]
did anyone else get the pleasure of playing with tomkat yesterday. I had never seen him before but he sat down and just limped and called down every hand. One thing that amazed me was how poorly a few decent players adjusted to him. For example tomkat limps utg and they would auto isolate with anything. But tomkat was not weak in the sense that he would limp and fold flop if missed. So these guys would isolatewith 55 or 7 suited and tomkat would hit a piece and call 3 streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

isolating loose passives with 55 is fine, u have position so u get to decide if 2 or 3 bets go in and ur equity against his range preflop is probably fine esp if u say hes limping every hand. soo... the question is did u adjust correctly?

iso raising with SCers is stupid obviously (not sure what u were writing with that 7) and 3 barreling hands ur "bluffing" against him is stupid but from what u wrote thats not a great example of them responding to this loose passive opponent poorly.

loose passive = bet AK AQ AJ hi for value on many boards on flop and turn so obviously ur probably gonna be doing that on alot of boards with any PP u isolated with as well, if not also betting the river.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:41 PM

What are thoughts on negitoro?
Old 07-21-2007, 10:14 PM

Standard loose agro and tilt prone.... I have no problems playing against this player,
How about:
- WEWEetc..
- glock9
- bogotachica
Old 07-22-2007, 01:45 AM

Yeah I felt negitoro wasnt all that impressive when I had played with him and then saw him sitting in much higher games so I was wondering if I was off on my first glance.

Bogotachica seems kinda a meh tag. Nothing special at all a bit weak tight if anything. Occasionally does some weird things like open limp. I dont really have much experience with the other two you mentioned.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

bogotachica

[/ QUOTE ]

imo this player is very bad, but i have not played there in some time so maybe things have changed.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

bogotachica

[/ QUOTE ]

imo this player is very bad, but i have not played there in some time so maybe things have changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also he/she tilts like crazy at HU and is terrible at it, but same as Pbob that was months ago blah blah.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-22-2007, 06:18 PM

Yeah BogotaChica seems to be a showdown monkey, spewer but he/she seems to me to be solid when on the A game. So after all these player reviews, lol the only player who is worth anything is Daigma, we all have high opinions of ourselves I guess
Old 07-23-2007, 06:14 PM

being that i dont play minbet anymore bc after 2k+ BB I realized i suck and switched to NL, I'll out myself: jhstv12... Who hated me?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
being that i dont play minbet anymore bc after 2k+ BB I realized i suck and switched to NL, I'll out myself: jhstv12... Who hated me?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. yeah you = teh sucky

JT
Old 07-24-2007, 12:53 PM

i didnt hate u justin or anything, definitely bigger fish and lag spazzoids for sure, but i didnt think u were very solid tbh