Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 11:28 AM

Default Re: STTs: I\'m missing pushes, and second guessing every move.

These are both easy folds for me.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:43 AM

1 and 2 are standard folds for me.

3 I will sometimes do depending on the table. I don't think attacking a short stack in this way if the table is going to let you get away with it is too bad.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:48 AM

FWIW I folded both.

I ran the numbers on the first hand and if we give SB a somewhat tight calling range and BB a somewhat tight calling range (given the circumstances) it's a push. However, I can't see him folding much.

I had an eerily similar hand on Perg's bubble trainer and it was a push but the BB was on a calling range of somewhere around 15% which seems a lot tight.

As for the second hand, I'm getting a lot of thirds and I'm trying to pinpoint areas in which I could increase my stack. I guess I'm fishing.

Thanks everyone.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:49 AM

good folds. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2006, 12:25 PM

I don't understand why you would ever push the 1st hand. You have ten high, BB is calling with any 2, and it's an absolute disaster if SB wakes up with a hand.

The 2nd hand is probably closer. I could find a shove with a good read. Readless I'd probably just fold. If I were a little deeper I might find a call.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:11 PM

OP....they're both folds, but in regards to the first hand....what JSH says here is why you shouldn't even think about pushing your T-8.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you would ever push the 1st hand. You have ten high, BB is calling with any 2, and it's an absolute disaster if SB wakes up with a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fist of all, BB is likely calling you with any 2....so why would you push a average/below average hand into him?? Secondly, if SB wakes up with a hand, you're busted out....which is really bad considering that right now you have very little risk of busting out of the money.....so it's a pretty easy fold.

If SB was short or if you had a stronger hand, this could be a push....but you don't have to push everytime just because there is a shortie.....
Old 12-13-2006, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP....they're both folds, but in regards to the first hand....what JSH says here is why you shouldn't even think about pushing your T-8.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fist of all, BB is likely calling you with any 2....so why would you push a average/below average hand into him?? Secondly, if SB wakes up with a hand, you're busted out....which is really bad considering that right now you have very little risk of busting out of the money.....so it's a pretty easy fold.

If SB was short or if you had a stronger hand, this could be a push....but you don't have to push everytime just because there is a shortie.....

[/ QUOTE ]

In Perg's Bubble Trainer I got a similar hand wrong but BB was on a calling range of 15% or something like that and I wondered why, in my original post, this would be such a thin range. BB should be calling much wider.

I then used PokerTracker, and dropped down BB's calling range to 50% and it was slightly +EV. Which really surprised me. I know BB should be calling wider but it was still shocking given SB can take us out.

Again, I folded and understand the logic just throwing it out there.

Thank you