Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: NBA Finals

[ QUOTE ]
What an awesome series. The only real question that remains is "how didn't it go seven?"

[/ QUOTE ]

So sad about your Suns. Truly tragic circumstances. Good luck next year.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:45 AM

I don't think people realize how good spurs, suns, and mavs are relative to the rest of the league.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think people realize how good spurs, suns, and mavs are relative to the rest of the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a real problem rating this Spurs team historically. Call em a dynasty, sure, no problem with that. They've been great for a long time. But one of the best ever? Most people are saying this is the best team from this Spur's era. Hollinger rates them as #9 all time. Seriously? Are they even better than this year's Mavs and Spurs? If you put a gun to my head i'd say they're slightly better than the Suns and slightly worse than the Mavericks. So if they're #9, ahead of teams like '01 Lakers and the '98 Bulls, where does that put the Mavs and Suns? It's hard for me to reconcile this point. Either i'm wrong about the Suns/Mavs being as good as the Spurs, or this year's Spurs team isn't historically that great, or we're in a really freak period where there are 3 really great teams. I'm having trouble figuring out which one it is.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:00 AM

The spurs really, really underperformed their point differential this year.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a real problem rating this Spurs team historically. Call em a dynasty, sure, no problem with that. They've been great for a long time. But one of the best ever? Most people are saying this is the best team from this Spur's era. Hollinger rates them as #9 all time. Seriously? Are they even better than this year's Mavs and Spurs? If you put a gun to my head i'd say they're slightly better than the Suns and slightly worse than the Mavericks. So if they're #9, ahead of teams like '01 Lakers and the '98 Bulls, where does that put the Mavs and Suns? It's hard for me to reconcile this point. Either i'm wrong about the Suns/Mavs being as good as the Spurs, or this year's Spurs team isn't historically that great, or we're in a really freak period where there are 3 really great teams. I'm having trouble figuring out which one it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that Dallas was better than San Antonio. The Spurs were versatile, able to play well against any type of team. The Mavs were not. A Mavs-Spurs series would have been great to see, but that'll have to wait until next year.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:08 AM

lolololol Mavsaments didn't GS rape them?

Who thinks SA loses to GS?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that Dallas was better than San Antonio. The Spurs were versatile, able to play well against any type of team. The Mavs were not. A Mavs-Spurs series would have been great to see, but that'll have to wait until next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe one day we will see a Suns-Spurs series, I dont see it happening though, not with Stern at the helm.