Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What should I do now on tilt?
Smoke some more pot, talk some more trash on BBV? 9 20.93%
Move up, lose, reload, ad infinitum 24 55.81%
Quite poker forever or err just stop playing for the day 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: ****OFFICIAL**** LOST Season 3 Finale Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can not understand the logic that goes behind someone thinking that it could POSSIBLY jacob in the casket. ITS NOT POSSIBLE. ask yourself WHY jacob would be off the island? why would they even LET him off the island? The same can be said for ben.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have no idea who or what Jacob even is. Why wouldn't it be "possible"? I think you're going a little too far to make your point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. We have no idea who Jacob is. Remember he asked Locke to "help him". Maybe ultimately he is trapped on the island against his will? Isn't that at least slightly POSSIBLE???
Old 05-24-2007, 12:58 PM

My current very vague overal theory for the island groups. Probably full of holes which I'd like to see if someone can point out.

DHARMA: founded with a true philanthropic mission. As their research progressed they found something about the island which could be exploited for other purposes. Someone in the group realizes the potential of whatever this is and is able to redirect DHARMA from a philanthropy to something nefarious.

"Hostiles": group which knows this "something" could be used for "evil" and are trying to prevent it. Could have been on the island before DHARMA, be part of the original philanthropic core of DHARMA which lost power when that "something" was discovered or a combination of the two. The island leads Ben to Richard with the visions of his mother so he can join them and makes him its leader by giving him a connection to Jacob.

I think Naomi and the ship are part of the now-evil DHARMA group, trying to regain control of the island from the "Hostiles."

Losties: brought there by the island to replace Ben. Ben may still be protecting the island, but I think he's also using it for selfish purposes. Bringing in an outsider to save pregnant women, the probable relationship-gone-wrong with the girl in his childhood flashback and trying to brainwash Karl then telling Alex he did it "because I didn't want you to get pregnant" make me think he's now using the island intead of protecting it. The "you weren't supposed to do that" comment from Locke suggests something went wrong with the losties purpose on the island when Jack makes the call. They were supposed to oust Ben but instead revealed the island to "evil DHARMA."
Old 05-24-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can not WAIT for this show to explain how naomi assumed all the people in flight 815 died but now they are apparently going to make it off the island.

[/ QUOTE ]

She described how the plane was found - in a 4 mile deep ocean trench, and the only evidence of that was video from 'little robots with cameras'. A little video feed sure seems easy enough to fake given what we've already seen can be done by whatever organization is actually behind everything here. I assume once Jack, Kate, and possibly more return to mainland and tell their tale, the company with the 'little robots' (prediction: Widmore Robotics) will have some serious 'splainin to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice forward thinking ... of course, they only have to explain if Naomi was telling the truth right?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nice forward thinking ... of course, they only have to explain if Naomi was telling the truth right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidence: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post10502710
Old 05-24-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can not understand the logic that goes behind someone thinking that it could POSSIBLY jacob in the casket. ITS NOT POSSIBLE. ask yourself WHY jacob would be off the island? why would they even LET him off the island? The same can be said for ben.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have no idea who or what Jacob even is. Why wouldn't it be "possible"? I think you're going a little too far to make your point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. We have no idea who Jacob is. Remember he asked Locke to "help him". Maybe ultimately he is trapped on the island against his will? Isn't that at least slightly POSSIBLE???

[/ QUOTE ]

mmhmm, and then after being allowed to leave the island by "the bad guys", he decides to settle in downtown LA. Let's just talk about this in pure probability. Whats the probability that the dead person i Jacob instead of Locke, or Ben, or Sawyer? Here's my opinion:

P(Locke) > P(Sawyer) >>>>>>>> P(Ben) = P(Jacob)
Old 05-24-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Losties: brought there by the island to replace Ben. Ben may still be protecting the island, but I think he's also using it for selfish purposes. Bringing in an outsider to save pregnant women, the probable relationship-gone-wrong with the girl in his childhood flashback and trying to brainwash Karl then telling Alex he did it "because I didn't want you to get pregnant" make me think he's now using the island intead of protecting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't want Alex to get pregnant cuz then she would die.

Isn't the current speculation that Annie died from childbirth / after childbirth with Bens child and that's why he's hell-bent on saving pregnant women? I mean, that's basically been the whole Others vs. Survivors beef all along. The Others stealing the kids & women ...
Old 05-24-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the probability that the dead person i Jacob instead of Locke, or Ben, or Sawyer? Here's my opinion:

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does the probability of it being Walt fit in there? His relative shortness ties into the small casket people have been focusing on.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:16 PM

I've always assumed Penny started looking for the island because of Desmond's time travel flash thingie. He basically told his best friend the whole story of how he got on the island pushed the button turned the key blah blah blah

you figure if he dumps Penny out of the blue..the best friend and her might have a conversation or two.

This is easily the best show on television in my lifetime.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whats the probability that the dead person i Jacob instead of Locke, or Ben, or Sawyer? Here's my opinion:

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does the probability of it being Walt fit in there? His relative shortness ties into the small casket people have been focusing on.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think it would be walt or michael. Reason being is that *someone* would have come to the funeral (either son or dad, or relatives). Something that just came to me is that it is POSSIBLE that john change his name after returning from the island (and maybe kate and sawyer did as well ... has anyone listened to the voicemail message yet? Im sure if we played it really loudly we could hear the name that is said). Which is why the name in the newspaper is ALSO another philospher's name.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does Locke not have the nerve to kill old man Sawyer and then unhesitantly kill Naomi with a knife in the back?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this goes to wanting to kill vs. needing to kill. There's something Locke and Ben know about Others x 2 and what they want to do to the island.

Locke's killing Naomi ended the possibility to my mind that Ben was playing mind games in his chats with Jack.