View Poll Results: Am I justified?
Yeah, she was being silly. 11 8.03%
Yeah, but that was not the time to bring it up. 49 35.77%
tl;dr/whatever 15 10.95%
No, You need anger management classes, 62 45.26%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2007, 08:58 AM

Default Re: diablo 2?

harcore is the only way to go....are you guys serious about starting up again......jeez....now you have me excited....I remember the old days when I had 90+ hardcore chars and the old pindle bot.....Id have it running all night and day while at school.....Id come home/wake up and check my loot....stormshields, occulus', etc.... so great loved the pindle bot.

If you guys are planning on starting up and want to do a HC clan type of thing......let me know
Old 05-19-2007, 07:43 PM

Sigh I remember showing my mom my pindle bot, "Look mom it plays without me being there!" Needless to say she hated it as much as me grinding the game so If i ever wanted it on, I would sneak down at night to turn the bot on and wake up before her to turn it off.
<3 Jr. High
Old 05-19-2007, 08:17 PM

So who wants to start back up again? See if we can get a softcore USEast group going. Not sure if this makes me pathetic or really bored to play this again.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:37 PM

Would it be bad for me to start playing if I never played before? I feel like I missed out on a gaming legend.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:15 PM

wow I wish I had palyed this game, HC seems like the [censored] (if you die, you have to start over, amirite?)

If they had HC wow I nvr would of quit.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:29 PM

softcore is no fun.....If Im going to get back into D2 it must be a Hardcore 2+2 clan.....the key is getting a few "vets" to build up some 80+ chars then you dont have to worry about dying.....cause you can build a char in 2 nights or so with high level help.....If there are any other hc vets out there? or we can just restart and I can show you guys the ropes...

post if you have interest.....for me it would just be a weekend night thing...maybe a couple hours during the week
Old 05-20-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
^^u guys serious because i've starting to consider playing now?? again, how is the duping and cheating with the items now?? it was way out of hand and i quit when it didn't look like they could fix it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I went through a spurt of playing about a few months ago until about 3 weeks ago.

Basically, duping was rampant when I started 3 months ago. What people did was run a separate program to generate lag, then leave a D2 game right after dropping a high rune. Since the game was lagged up at the time you left, you would still have the high rune in your inventory, and a clone of it would be on the ground in the D2 game. Your friend picks it up and you've got a high rune. But Blizzard stopped that with a program checker, so that you get booted from games whenever you're running a lag program.

The trick (or so I heard) then became to start a game with a bunch of meteor sorcs, go into the blood moor and summon lots of meteors, to fill the ground with fire. This would lag the game, and you could then dupe runes/jewels or whatever. Then Blizzard fixed that by causing games to get dropped if there's too muchh fire on the ground. Meteor sorcs pretty much disappeared because of that. Also, if a game has a few zealots with hellfire torches, the game is at risk of getting dropped then too.

As a result, duping has gone down considerably from what I've seen. I'm sure there still exists a way to dupe stuff, but it's not as prevalent anymore, and as a result, high runes, jewels, and stuff like that that's usually duped are going up in price (by price I mean JSP price). But it's almost irrelevant that duping has been crippled, since it's already taken it's toll. Perfect ethereal Breath of the Dying colossus blades are way more common than they should be. There should be >1 in existence, but instead there's probably 20 or so, since all the runes have been duped so much.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:00 PM

ok so....

todays a holiday here and I just finished a long day of poker yesterday so Im restarting a HC account.....PM me if you are interested in playing......I will post my account name for D2 when I get it setup.....it will be US EAST Hardcore Expansion
Old 05-21-2007, 01:08 PM

account is "2plus2kaiser"

and first char is Kaiser-Sose

Useast, harcore, nonladder

if i remember correctly you can contact ingame using

/w *account name (*2plus2Kaiser)

or

/w character name (Kaiser-Sose)
Old 05-22-2007, 01:07 PM

lvl 25 sorc already.....not as many games to join!