Yeah, but that was not the time to bring it up. 49 35.77%
tl;dr/whatever 15 10.95%
No, You need anger management classes, 62 45.26%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: diablo 2?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, guys.

I just found out about a third-party program called ATMA that looks like it will give me the storage space I crave, but it renames some of the diablo 2 files so you can't play online. I wouldn't mind playing online at some point, but if I have to choose between having more storage and playing online, I'm going to have to go for the storage.

Don't know if you can do some characters offline using ATMA and some online, but I don't think so. Bah.

Btw I'm playing version 1.07 now, but am unsure whether I should patch to the latest. Any opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

patching's only seriously necessarily if you're going to get online bnet. if not, it's not that vital. just more or less necessary to stay up to date with the current economies online if you are patched completely, so you can have access to all the items that were released in subsequent patches.

in fact, i don't even know if you can log in online unless you patch it fully.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Btw I'm playing version 1.07 now, but am unsure whether I should patch to the latest. Any opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does 1.07 include synergies? I was under the impression earlier versions didn't have skill synergies, which are a huge deal. If not, I'd upgrade to the latest patch to get them, as they really change things a lot.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:03 PM

I don't know.

I upgraded last night to 1.11, and it was automatic as soon as you click on battle.net.

Observations: Wow, blue items are dropping like crazy, and I got two or three golds in one session on my now 18th level character. The amount of good loot dropping is nuts. I even got a gold bow for my rogue merc, one that casts poison. Not the strongest bow, but good effects. I think I have like 160k in dough. In 1.07, I saw a wand for $1.3 million gold, and I saw one for over 2 million last night, so I guess there will always be a place for money. I brought in 7k in one trip, and there's actually so much loot it's slowing me down to collect it and turn it all in even using a town portal.

I got ATMA to help on that. Unlimited storage space, and I really think games like this are much less fun and much less playable if you've got no place to put your stuff -- and the little stash you get and little amount you can carry along just don't cut it at all. (This is one reason I am leery of the Hellgate's plan to charge you 10 bucks a month if you want more storage space. More content I can see, but more storage space? That just sucks.)

Also, there is vastly more text that comes up when you mouse over the skill trees. Very useful.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:08 PM

Also, does anybody know about a timer that loses the game if you don't get to Diablo fast enough? I think that might have happened to me one time when I first bought the game when it came out.

I like to clear and map a whole zone, and every zone, and especially if I keep going back to town to sell loot, is it still the case that I can lose the game due to a hidden timer? This is just my recollection, and people who went through quickly may not know what I'm talking about. Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm pretty sure when the game came out I lost because I didn't get to Diablo in time.