Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2007, 09:49 PM

Default People and things that infuriate you way LESS than they should

There's an OOT thread that's a fun idea by a good poster, and I thought I'd do a twist on it and make it "Lounge style."

The opposite of this thread

What are some people or things that make you LESS angry than you think they fairly should? Put another way, what are you proud, amazed, or mystified at not popping someone in the nose for, at least in your mind anyway?

One for me is sending back my fast food crapburgers two or three times because they ALWAYS, no matter where I go, mess up the "no mayonnaise" part. Here's my order:

Dude: What would you like? [Depending on personnel, alternates randomly with blank fish-like stare.]
Me: Three whoppers please, no mayonnaise on any of them. That's all.
Dude: Would you like cheese?
Me: No thanks.
Dude: Would you like something to drink or some fries?
Me: No, that's all right.
Dude: For here or to go?
Me: To go.
Dude: So that's a whopper with no mayo. That's $1.79. [rings it up]
Me: No, I wanted three of them. [holds up fingers] No mayo on the others, either.
Dude: Three?
Me: Yes, three.
Dude [cycles through the program so he can ring me up again]: What you want on the other ones?
Me: No mayo, but give me everything else.
Dude: Two with no mayo...
Me: ALL of them with no mayo. All three.
Dude[looks at me like I'm batsh*t crazy]: To go?
Me: Yes, to go.

Burgers come. I open them up to look before walking back to the office with them. Two have mayo, one doesn't. I send those two back. Quite often, they come back funny -- one still with mayo, now there's no ketchup or lettuce and tomato, whatever.

Now I think I'm entitled to be annoyed and probably even show it at several points here. I rarely show it. I think I'm so used to counter clerks being completely zoned out that I don't expect good service in the first place. I've lowered my expectations so much that even minimal competence seems well above what I expect.

Anything you bump into on your wanderings over the earth that you get less annoyed or pissed off about than you used to, or than maybe you should?