Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Steps on Stars

I love when I make a thread that becomes a monster.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:52 AM

How long are these things taking?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:27 AM

usually done by the 150/300 or 200/400 level
Old 10-16-2007, 03:43 AM

anyone qualified through this yet. im debating when to use my step 4 ticket..
Old 10-16-2007, 11:40 AM

Say I take $100 and start at the bottom. Would it be better to use all of it on the Step 1's and then play what I have or just run one out till I am out and start over?

Opinions?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:57 AM

has a step 6 ran yet?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:16 PM

scottc25,
I was wondering the same thing before I started. I thought it would be best to play all the same (or at least similar) steps together and I'm glad I did. I did 8 of the $7.50s, got one re-do, and advanced in 4 of the 9 total I played. In the 5 $27s I've played I got a re-do in 1 and advanced in 4. In the 4 $82s I've played I got re-dos in 3 and advanced in 1. Now I have 3 step 3 tix and 1 step 4 tix. I've found the play to be incredibly horrible at the lower steps with people making lots of basic blunders. I think I would have a hard time going from step 4 (or above - hopefully) back to step one. I'd rather get used to the play at each level and give myself the best possible chance to advance. I also find it a little less stressful playing, say an $82, knowing that I have 3 more chances at that level because it makes advancing seem more realistic. I'd be curious to hear other people's thoughts on this.

GL!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:48 PM

I would def say play what ever amount you want to spend at one level an horde up tickets for the next level then repeat the process as you go.

I'd say wait to play Level 6 until they hopefully switch over to the 1 table format for Level 6 with payouts for all 9 spots.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
scottc25,
I was wondering the same thing before I started. I thought it would be best to play all the same (or at least similar) steps together and I'm glad I did. I did 8 of the $7.50s, got one re-do, and advanced in 4 of the 9 total I played. In the 5 $27s I've played I got a re-do in 1 and advanced in 4. In the 4 $82s I've played I got re-dos in 3 and advanced in 1. Now I have 3 step 3 tix and 1 step 4 tix. I've found the play to be incredibly horrible at the lower steps with people making lots of basic blunders. I think I would have a hard time going from step 4 (or above - hopefully) back to step one. I'd rather get used to the play at each level and give myself the best possible chance to advance. I also find it a little less stressful playing, say an $82, knowing that I have 3 more chances at that level because it makes advancing seem more realistic. I'd be curious to hear other people's thoughts on this.

GL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the response. That was my thinking so I am glad someone thinks like I do. It is amazing how bad some of the play is.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say wait to play Level 6 until they hopefully switch over to the 1 table format for Level 6 with payouts for all 9 spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for the step 6's if I am lucky to get that far I am going to wait and see if they offer anything else (like STT's etc).

I wonder if you accumulate 6 step 6 tickets if they would let you get in without playing?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would def say play what ever amount you want to spend at one level an horde up tickets for the next level then repeat the process as you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh payout nine spots is disgusting, plz dont stars.